The fortunate JK, JL of the day thread

Get that checkbook ready! They are damn nice, and in a year or so prices should be decent. There’s some gently used ones for sale that arnt terrible; 35-37k, but for a Jeep it just seems like a shit ton of money.

Because of this thread I’m considering selling the TJ and buying an JL now lol. Thanks ! Can’t stop internet shopping

It is a $hit ton of money... lol. The Mrs. has a 2018 Sahara JLU and it was $44k. I'm not saying that to brag at all, I still can't believe we paid that much for a vehicle, I've never even come close in my 47 years of existence, just confirming it's a lot for any vehicle IMO.
I can tell you this... we have never once regretted it, not once. The only thing we did regret was not getting a Rubi because of how hard we wheel our Jeeps but she now sits atop D44s with lockers so all is well.
We had always liked but never owned Jeeps.
We bought in and drank the Kool-Aid HARD, hard enough that my wife didn't want to share and that's where my '04 LJ came from so we can wheel together.
I refer to my LJ as a more "organic" experience whereas her JL is like a luxury tank. Leather, dual climate control, touch screen, rear camera, etc... It's a luxury tank that is a pleasure to drive daily, across the country and off road where it is a complete beast.
The only thing I would complain about off roading it is that the freaking hood is a monster and visibility over/around it sucks. We are actually going to mount a front camera to help her see better especially for crawling over rocks. My wife hopped in my LJ to wheel it and she fell in love with how good the visibility was and how nimble it was. She said if she could take the JL's comforts and put them in the LJ's classic package she'd be driving an LJ :)

Reactions: reddvltj
It is a $hit ton of money... lol. The Mrs. has a 2018 Sahara JLU and it was $44k. I'm not saying that to brag at all, I still can't believe we paid that much for a vehicle, I've never even come close in my 47 years of existence, just confirming it's a lot for any vehicle IMO.
I can tell you this... we have never once regretted it, not once. The only thing we did regret was not getting a Rubi because of how hard we wheel our Jeeps but she now sits atop D44s with lockers so all is well.
We had always liked but never owned Jeeps.
We bought in and drank the Kool-Aid HARD, hard enough that my wife didn't want to share and that's where my '04 LJ came from so we can wheel together.
I refer to my LJ as a more "organic" experience whereas her JL is like a luxury tank. Leather, dual climate control, touch screen, rear camera, etc... It's a luxury tank that is a pleasure to drive daily, across the country and off road where it is a complete beast.
The only thing I would complain about off roading it is that the freaking hood is a monster and visibility over/around it sucks. We are actually going to mount a front camera to help her see better especially for crawling over rocks. My wife hopped in my LJ to wheel it and she fell in love with how good the visibility was and how nimble it was. She said if she could take the JL's comforts and put them in the LJ's classic package she'd be driving an LJ :)
That’s the dream right there

2.5 inch lift on 37's
24654276-FB24-4425-B802-75FF971804FE.jpeg
21BA45F1-DD7A-4AF7-A624-2FD9AC7767B5.jpeg

Pretty sure you meant to put this on the UNfortunate JK of the day thread.
Take off the hood, front bumper, front grill, 20" rims/tires and depending what is put back on in their place... then it might belong here.
Pretty sure the guy is a crack addict thinking he will get $52k for this considering that amount will pick you up a nice JL Rubi with D44s and lockers and I guarantee you this monstrosity started it's life as a Sport.
But hey, that's what's great about opinions and why they are like our butts... we all have them and they all stink :)

Reactions: Hog