The fortunate JK, JL of the day thread

Found this right hand drive JKU at the local post office. Thought it was a little interesting.

20ECD792-B1E3-4816-922C-008548E4FE95.jpeg

Found this right hand drive JKU at the local post office. Thought it was a little interesting.

View attachment 168931
Great to see the USPS sticking to Jeep’s as their vehicles. I seem them often here in SC.
I would be willing to bet that the owner of that RHD JKU is a Postal Contractor. The couple that has one of the other contract routes here in Challis has both a yellow RHD TJ and a yellow RHD JKU for their route.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Jeep releases factory half doors for the JL.

They are full bodied, as I fully suspected they would be, unlike the demo’d half doors that were seen on the JL’s during their announcement press event back in 17/18.

They are an option on each trim level and cost about $1k each. Which I believe is a very fair price considering the aftermarket door prices and the fact they are likely aluminum skinned.

Very excited to see them on a JL, a JLU, and a Gladiator. Although, if I recall, the Gladiator’s rear doors are a tad different.

Reactions: Starrs
Imagine spending nearly $100k on a new Wrangler and NOT taking it in woods. Makes me wonder why he opted for the cheap ass Chinese wheels. :unsure:

Guess he got lost on his way to the mall...
25C27CD8-34C4-448E-9DE3-F3754859F0F3.jpeg
E69A2742-AA67-48D6-BABE-A955290A6976.jpeg
2500BFC3-CAFE-4416-8E7C-83095F6FD170.jpeg
DC62D3B4-37A3-499E-94B1-EE880713662B.jpeg
0E5E4810-2B71-4C2A-B54E-3A9030C22E5D.jpeg

Imagine spending nearly $100k on a new Wrangler and NOT taking it in woods. Makes me wonder why he opted for the cheap ass Chinese wheels. :unsure:

Guess he got lost on his way to the mall...
View attachment 208174View attachment 208176View attachment 208177View attachment 208178View attachment 208179

Those look like Raceline beadlocks, what makes you think they are Chinese junk? Sadly many big names produce at least some of their stuff in China. Granted they are built to our specs and with materials we want so they are better than the real cheap Chinese junk.

Those look like Raceline beadlocks, what makes you think they are Chinese junk? Sadly many big names produce at least some of their stuff in China. Granted they are built to our specs and with materials we want so they are better than the real cheap Chinese junk.
Their marketing is top notch, they are a top brand, and thats important to a lot of people. Just not for me, its all shafy stuff at thr too brands. It’s likely you wont find any high resolution pictures of the backside of their wheels. Nor have any idea, while on their website, as to where the wheels are made.

Not very many mentions of how proud they are of where they are made. Its not on their box. What does that tell you?

The wheels seem fine, although more and more I see bling type wheels being supplied to their sponsored, “influencers.” As if that’s what they want to push on us.

What bothers me the most with Chinese made wheels is that the manufactures always seem to hide the fact that the wheels are made in China. But take a look at the backside and you’ll see it; “Made in China.”

I just wish with all the revenue they make, they would bring the cast wheel industry back to the USA.

As most people would likely agree with, I’d rather support small/local business and business that offer 100% made in USA products. And I’ll pay for the difference that comes with it. It matters to me and doesnt make much sense, as I can only point to a few dated examples of Chinese quality problems.

The problem is mainly with emissions and climate regs as well as cost. A forge/casting facility is extremely expensive and not great for the environment. There’s a reason no one makes wheels in the US anymore

Reactions: Fouledplugs
There’s a reason no one makes wheels in the US anymore
There are a few more worth mentioning;
Their manufacturing cost is much lower than American cost. Because China does not share the same labor laws as we do, they can turn out wheels 24/7 if needed. Not to mention cheap labor..and the Chinese govt had its eye on taking over American wheel manufacturing and they beat us. Maybe I’m just sour about being beat.

AEV wrote an article on this very subject when they moved their wheel manufacturing overseas. It’s worth a google.

Reactions: jesseshoots