The Greatest Movie of All Time

Reactions: BendLarry
This thread points out with such clarity that we are all very different individuals with very different tastes. Wow! A Keanu Reeves movie? Just...Wow! ;) :D

Yeah, it's funny...I don't really like him at all in other movies, but the plot of The Matrix....boom!
giphy.gif

This thread points out with such clarity that we are all very different individuals with very different tastes. Wow! A Keanu Reeves movie? Just...Wow! ;) :D
mmmm certainly I mixed bag on here....can you imagine trying to plan a movie night with everyone that's already commented on this thread!!!!….it would be worse than trying to take a bunch of 6yr olds to movies haha

Although this is a season series, it would have been a good movie .....
'True Detective' .... season 1
Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey
Character study of two flawed detectives.
Season 1 was awesome...and don't forget about that scene with Ms. Daddario :)

Reactions: RussTJ and LJJames
What about horror films? I used to like them as a young teen, but most of them have no plot and don't stand the test of time as you grow older. Hard to pick a best of all time horror flick. That said, how many of you have seen The Prince of Darkness by John Carpenter? What a weird and disturbing film. Starring Donald Pleasence, Victor Wong, Dennis Dun, Jameson Parker, Thom Bray, and Alice Cooper plays a creepy satanic freak. Definitely my favorite horror flick because it actually has a complex and interesting plot (church vs science vs evil). Watch this after midnight sometime...truly an underrated film of this genre if you haven't seen it.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/john-carpenters-prince-of-darkness-contains-one-of-the-1762704953

Shawshank Redemption, Pt 2:

They restore the boat, head out on the ocean, Jaws attacks. Two great movies in one! Heh, heh, heh...

Three great movies in one...

Dont forget that it is also Brokeback Mtn 2: Poseidans Trident.

Butt my vote goes to either Predator or Spy Games.

There's tons of movies I think are amazing, but Back to the Future is one of those movies that can never be outdone, nor should it be remade, or anything.

Absolutely one of the most creative movies of all time & definitely at the top of my list of favorites, starting high school in 1980 I felt like I grew up with Alex Keaton & when this movie came out it was just huge; Huey Lewis was big back then as was Lea Thompson & Christopher Lloyd, & the story was just so cool the whole thing banged on all 8 cylinders.

This is a great thread, & reminds me of the debate I’ve had with friends over the years as to who the most beautiful woman of all time is/was. We concluded that once you reach a certain level of beauty you become uncomparable, it’s just different.

These movies are the same way, we all have our favorites but among mine I can’t really say that Goodfellas is better than The God Father, Rocky, Pulp Fiction, Field of Dreams, Shawshank, Back to the Future… they’re all masterpieces in their own right.

By the way, clearly Sophia Loren is the exception to the rule:

Sophia 2.jpg
Sophia.jpg
Sophia #3.jpg

What about horror films? I used to like them as a young teen, but most of them have no plot and don't stand the test of time as you grow older. Hard to pick a best of all time horror flick. That said, how many of you have seen The Prince of Darkness by John Carpenter? What a weird and disturbing film. Starring Donald Pleasence, Victor Wong, Dennis Dun, Jameson Parker, Thom Bray, and Alice Cooper plays a creepy satanic freak. Definitely my favorite horror flick because it actually has a complex and interesting plot (church vs science vs evil). Watch this after midnight sometime...truly an underrated film of this genre if you haven't seen it.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/john-carpenters-prince-of-darkness-contains-one-of-the-1762704953

I love horror as well, but twisted movies like Clockwork Orange. Great call on Prince of Darkness though, haven't seen that in like, wow, been that long.

I recently stumbled upon one called Oldboy, a Korean movie. If you have time you should read about or watch on this one. I read that Spike Lee remade this movie but I never have, and never will, watch that version. The original was just too good.

Reactions: mots
Star Wars.

What ELSE are you going to do with a DeLorean?

Jane Fonda as Barbarella is easy on the eyes, but not the stomach

Sophia Loren at 70 had more grace and beauty than most actresses half her age.

Coke.

Crunchy Peanut Butter.

Plain M&M's

What was the question?

;)

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and RussTJ