The Jeep J6, a Two (2) Door Jeep Truck Concept for EJS 2019

Fouledplugs

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
I guess Fiat doesnt suck as much as everyone likes to claim.

*Concept* Jeep J6 a two-door Wrangler with a 6 foot bed. The 118.4-inch wheelbase is unchanged from the four-door JL Wrangler. At 201 inches, the J6 is 17 inches shorter than the four-door 2020 Jeep JT Gladiator pickup.

The Jeep J6 pictured and in the video has a 2 inch Mopar lift kit with 37 inch tires wrapped around some 17 inch prototype beadlock wheels.

The spare placement is a bit non-practical but I would rock it.

This Jeep will be at EJS this year. Looks awesome IMO.

Cool concept build over all. The two door would do better off road than its four door production counterpart.

But would it do better in sales? I would say, yes.
559F0037-27FC-425E-ADC4-3D829E882839.jpeg
42605A48-CD70-49B1-A5B9-2D9070C1755C.jpeg
7975785A-0854-4FD0-931A-F1FDE7B88735.jpeg
07FCBB84-4932-4338-B6A2-00EBCC1E3B6B.jpeg
90C24300-6531-4B1A-9CB2-04451F4F72EC.jpeg
E006BB69-E5CC-4410-8E35-B0D6FD5360BE.jpeg
5C5305DA-5CFB-4708-9C8F-C6CBB0150821.jpeg
9FAFD0C0-0636-4A0C-B7D9-3CDE4EA92FC5.jpeg
345102CE-B939-4547-A5F5-150E6D7E51E7.jpeg
6A875359-D9E1-47D0-9B3A-A942E7EDBA35.jpeg
81B502BB-53FF-4F7D-8030-91784DC1ED52.jpeg
9E4D2220-94DF-41E3-A046-056E907A3312.jpeg

Not a fan of any of the host on this channel, but they always manage to release content first.

Last edited:
They should have offered this also. Not the hemi, but a 2 door option also. If it didn’t sell well on the first run get rid of it. I really think it would/will do well.
I strongly agree. But its easy for Jeep to ignore it and put it at the wayside. When you look at the sales numbers behind the mid-size truck market, the four-door JT would hit right in the sweet spot of sales. The JT will compete with something like 87% of what is sold in the mid-size truck market. People want four doors in the mid size trucks just as much as they do in the Jeep wrangler market.

While I agree with the sales stuff, this concept, if produced, would have me buying on on day one.

I strongly agree. But its easy for Jeep to ignore it and put it at the wayside. When you look at the sales numbers behind the mid-size truck market, the four-door JT would hit right in the sweet spot of sales. The JT will compete with something like 87% of what is sold in the mid-size truck market. People want four doors in the mid size trucks just as much as they do in the Jeep wrangler market.

While I agree with the sales stuff, this concept, if produced, would have me buying on on day one.
Whether “jeep” does it or not is merely an afterthought now. Somebody will pick this up and run with it. I hope it’s AEV. They would knock this out of the park for sure. Def a market for it

Its worth a mention that Jeep execs did their homwork (imagine that:cool:) and 80% of
sales in the mid-size truck segment is from trucks with a crew-cab, four doors, and a 5 foot bed. So Jeep is going right after Toyota Tacoma sales, Ford Ranger sales, and Chevy Colorado sales.

Not only does it make sense to hone in on this percent of sales, it’s bad ass that Jeep/Fiat is taking the fight right to their competitor’s door(s).

The 2 door looks great and would sell in limited #s just like 2 door Wranglers . When I saw the Gladiator at the Atlanta auto show it looks way better in person. If I were in my early 20 with no family there is no way in hell I would but the 4 door over the 2 door .

They should have offered this also. Not the hemi, but a 2 door option also. If it didn’t sell well on the first run get rid of it. I really think it would/will do well.
Frankie Johnson at Rocket City Off-Road in Huntsville thinks these would do really well . He’s pretty sharp on everything truck and off-road .

He and his wife both drive JLUR ‘s.

The 2 door really blends the old Jeep truck with the new in styling.

I recently saw a jk-8, which ended up being a mopar kit I believe.

I think one thing the new line really has going is the 8 speed automatic.

Also , I have noticed ,it seems you never hear of an jk or jl series transmission issues. I may be wrong , but it seems that way.

As good as it looks I don't think it would sell well. Most of the pickups you see new on the road today are 4 doors. Hell, I dont even think any new pickups are offered in 2 door regular cabs anymore. Even the new JL wranglers, you see at least 3 or 4 4-door models for every 2 door. It seems like the market for these types of vehicles are more 4 door now

Reactions: Fouledplugs
As good as it looks I don't think it would sell well. Most of the pickups you see new on the road today are 4 doors. Hell, I dont even think any new pickups are offered in 2 door regular cabs anymore. Even the new JL wranglers, you see at least 3 or 4 4-door models for every 2 door. It seems like the market for these types of vehicles are more 4 door now
They are saying this could be the reason jeep taps into the 2 door regular cab market for that very reason. There is no other midsize regular cab pickup anymore. It looks too damn good for them not to attempt it. I’m dying to see It go into production. I love my little ranger regular cab lol. If I could get a 2 door gladiator to daily everyday topless I’d be in heaven. As for needing 4 doors, my fiancé has a 4 door we can take her vehicle when we have to have more room. Whem I’m driving 90% of the time I’m by myself. All the extra room would be a waste for me. Here’s to hoping it becomes a reality.

They are saying this could be the reason jeep taps into the 2 door regular cab market for that very reason. There is no other midsize regular cab pickup anymore. It looks too damn good for them not to attempt it. I’m dying to see It go into production. I love my little ranger regular cab lol. If I could get a 2 door gladiator to daily everyday topless I’d be in heaven. As for needing 4 doors, my fiancé has a 4 door we can take her vehicle when we have to have more room. Whem I’m driving 90% of the time I’m by myself. All the extra room would be a waste for me. Here’s to hoping it becomes a reality.

Well hats off to them even if they release a limited run of them.