The Jeep Wave Community

AshReynolds

Hey Jeepers, I hope you’re all having a great Jeep’in day!

As a Englishman who owns a Jeep 98’ Sahara, I would say it’s rare to see a fellow TJ owner over here. Ofcourse you see your fair share of new Jk and Renegade owners, but I’ve never had the urge to wave at them and neither have received a wave.

I have heard some much about the infamous “Jeep Wave”, but had yet to have experienced it...until today!

I was driving back from the stores after picking up some bed liner for my most recent project and a TJ on the opposite side of the road caught my eye and I instantly felt the need to wave and lo and behold I got a wave back!!

My faith in the infamous Jeep Wave was officially restored today and I could not have been happier!

Hmmmm..... is it still a jeep wave if you are on wrong side of the road. Or is it a "peej wave".

In all seriousness it is a good feeling when you get the wave back.

For me the closer to the university i get the less waves you see.

But if you take a drive out in the sticks (back country) your hand starts to get tired.

And for the folks down under its a "ǝʌɐʍ dǝǝſ"

Hmmmm..... is it still a jeep wave if you are on wrong side of the road. Or is it a "peej wave".

But if you take a drive out in the sticks (back country) your hand starts to get tired.

Yes very funny haha!!

Yes it is a great feeling and in all honestly I’ve only ever seen 3 TJ’s on the road over here!

Reactions: DrDmoney
This is my motto If you’re a Jeeper and don’t wave: [emoji16]

2f2df0a5d423ebd65c579324efa5c6fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm teaching my daughter to drive and I schooled her on the Jeep Wave. I told her if she was going to be driving my Jeep, then she must wave! She was actually excited when someone waved at her. However, I think she just loves driving a new Jeep lol.

Reactions: AshReynolds

Thanks I couldn't read it until that last line 😛

The CJ/YJ/TJ guys around here are usually the only ones that "do the wave." Occasionally a JK will do it, have yet to have a JL return a wave. Very cool it happens in the UK!

Reactions: AshReynolds
That's pretty cool. Known the world over.