Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
only 30 years after Honda did it

but I still like the 1973 best

1973-chevrolet-aerovette.jpg

Last edited:
Corvette had traditional frames with parallel rails running from fore to aft. The C8 does away with the rails in favor of an advanced backbone structure that hangs the front suspension off a subframe.

advanced laugh out loud. .... backbone structures are what everyone quit bulding in the 1960s. they were the backbone of almost every race car until then.

elanchassisrunninggear.jpg

even Chevy used it on its passenger cars in the 1950s

heres the 1959 Impala

2015-10-08_13-02-44.jpg

hangs the front suspension off a subframe

like the 1970s Firebird/Camaro???

TAR-SUB (2).jpg

I hate the spin trying to sell it as "wow a new idea"

Last edited:
Reactions: johnny deeker
advanced laugh out loud. .... backbone structures are what everyone quit bulding in the 1960s. they were the backbone of almost every race car until then.

So today's tires aren't advanced because bias ply tires were available in the 1960s?

I hate the spin trying to sell it as "wow a new idea"

where does it state "wow a new idea"?

And I'll just leave this here...

so will I ... and take the C8

Looks Italian sort of.

In my opinion, the decision to discard the classic Corvette lines in favor of a generic supercar-ish appearance is shameful. With such a heavy redesign, GM could have easily brought back the lines and the sex appeal of the early cars; instead, we have something that looks like a mishmash of the latest and greatest from everyone else.

Reactions: alittleoff
In my opinion, the decision to discard the classic Corvette lines in favor of a generic supercar-ish appearance is shameful. With such a heavy redesign, GM could have easily brought back the lines and the sex appeal of the early cars; instead, we have something that looks like a mishmash of the latest and greatest from everyone else.
Which generation has the classic lines?

WInd tunnels dictate how supercars look anymore so them all looking pretty much the same isn't a surprise. All of them have the same basic shape and just slap your sign on the hood, give it a shitty interior and you're good. I like manuals as well but if you want to be fast around a track, the dual clutch transmissions can't be beat no matter how good you may think you are with a manual. I'm no Corvette fan but I bet it is an amazing car to drive.

Reactions: StG58
Let's be honest, a computer is going to be faster around the track than a person. What's the point? Having spent time on a race track, drive-by-wire, automatic transmissions, traction control, abs are all no fun. Who wants to ride shotgun to a computer in their own car.

Reactions: qslim