The most popular news sites?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
This is actually both alarming and concerning:

http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/news-websites

Yahoo News is listed as the most viewed internet website. Anyone who has ever visited Yahoo news should know that the majority of it isn’t actually news at all. It’s articles that cite Twitter users outbursts and reactions as “news”. It’s littered with “news” about celebrities and social media “stars”.

So basically what this is confirming is that the largest number of people are using Yahoo News as their source of information.

Wow... this basically confirms it. We are surrounded by idiots.

"derived from our eBizMBA Rank which is a continually updated average of each website's U.S. Traffic Rank from Quantcast and Global Traffic Rank from both Alexa and SimilarWeb."*#*" Denotes an estimate for sites with limited data."
thats a huge caveat!!
plus most visited does not equal most influential. a lot of people just click on the headlines which capture their attention and hit the share button without even reading the full article.

I reckon you will find sites showing different rankings using the exact same data as them.

thats a huge caveat!!
plus most visited does not equal most influential. a lot of people just click on the headlines which capture their attention and hit the share button without even reading the full article.

I reckon you will find sites showing different rankings using the exact same data as them.

Very true, though I have read from numerous different sources that Yahoo News is the most visited news site in the world.

Either way, yahoo is not news. Not real news in my opinion.

Yeah I noticed yahoo scores highly in every category on that page including sport. The top of the page states that they include Alexa stats. They are basically including data mining. If you ask Alexa a question Alexa chooses where to find the answer.

It probably favours yahoos sites by design, yahoo pages seem to look minimal compared to others so my be easier for a bot to read, a lot of these other sites are littered with adverts, flash objects unrelated stories.

Reactions: Chris