The Mountain Man's Jeep

Looking for insight:

The maintenance is coming along, and will be replacing the left/front u-joint and the driver side bushing this weekend. But need some insight on control arms (confirmed 4.5 caster and if I remember right pinion is about 11 or 10.5 - can't remember). Regardless, control arms are needed as my return to center is awful and I want this suspension squared away before I get some new tires on. Looking at Savvy and Currie, but can't really tell the difference between them. I don't do much off-roading (yet) but will as soon as time frees up after college. Besides these two high end ones, I looked at MC and CORE 4x4. Sitting on 4 inch lift and changing my mind to stick with 33's. Any advice?
I won't input on the brands, but I will echo what @bobthetj03 always claims, double adjustable are worth every single cent.

Currie and Savvy both use the same Currie Johnny Joints. Double adjustable arms sure make it nice for fine tuning the lengths, especially if you foresee making length changes in the future.

Reactions: MtnRanger160
Finally got some meat on these wheels. Really liking these Destination MT2's. Took it on the trail yesterday and served me well, except for the uphill glacier I tried scaling...that shit wasn't fun at all.
IMG_3453.JPG

Looking for insight:

The maintenance is coming along, and will be replacing the left/front u-joint and the driver side bushing this weekend. But need some insight on control arms (confirmed 4.5 caster and if I remember right pinion is about 11 or 10.5 - can't remember). Regardless, control arms are needed as my return to center is awful and I want this suspension squared away before I get some new tires on. Looking at Savvy and Currie, but can't really tell the difference between them. I don't do much off-roading (yet) but will as soon as time frees up after college. Besides these two high end ones, I looked at MC and CORE 4x4. Sitting on 4 inch lift and changing my mind to stick with 33's. Any advice?

Go with Currie or Savvy. They are pretty much identical except that the Savvy arms are made of aluminum I believe, but that’s it.

Make sure to get the double adjustable uppers too!

Go with Currie or Savvy. They are pretty much identical except that the Savvy arms are made of aluminum I believe, but that’s it.

Make sure to get the double adjustable uppers too!
Hell yeah brother...took the advice, searched around, and Gerald from Savvy hooked it up. Now to just find time to put them on, set caster after pinion angle and move on with the build.
IMG_3457.JPG

Reactions: TJ Starting
Haven't had time to put the front arms on yet, but did get these cheap LED's in the meanwhile so I can actually see the road. Can't believe how pathetic stock halogen bulbs are. Figured this would be a temporary move that I've wanted fixed for a while. While money is there, I would rather focus on the drivetrain and gears for now.

7 inch LED Headlights Daymaker DOT Smoke with Cree Chip Bulbs Set Kit ($96)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077YCW2XF/?tag=wranglerorg-20
IMG_3483.JPG

STOCK
IMG_3486.JPG
THE NEW SEXY

Plan to run the daytime running lights later on, but I do way too much night driving to drive with the factory bulbs anymore.

Reactions: Ardenlonewolf
Pulled the trigger today....getting 4.56s installed this week. I really wanted to co this myself but I just don't have time and would probably do a careless job right now. Roughly $1800 with parts and labor, but should be a good investment.

About time to do some maintenance! Been having a leak and what I thought was the RMS, it was in fact the valve cover gasket. Bought a new gasket, new spark plugs, cleaning out the air sensors, throttle body, CAI, cleaning the engine block. The valve cover leak has caused some gunk to build up in the spark plug well....anyone know a good way to clean that out so I don't drop anything in the engine bay when I pull the plugs out? Like spray with brake clean and air compress out maybe?

@MtnRanger160 in post #15 you mentioned showing how you store your windows on your Trektop. Just wondering if you could share how you do it? Great looking rig by the way 👍

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/trektop-nx-storage-solved.13285/
check out this one I posted. I never took measurements but basically I just took a heavy wooden board and cut notches to make it fit in the top “sunroof” window. Hope you find this helpful. Appreciate the props on my Jeep! My problem is I just haven’t quite figured out how far I want to go with it.

Reactions: DrDmoney
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/trektop-nx-storage-solved.13285/
check out this one I posted. I never took measurements but basically I just took a heavy wooden board and cut notches to make it fit in the top “sunroof” window. Hope you find this helpful. Appreciate the props on my Jeep! My problem is I just haven’t quite figured out how far I want to go with it.
Thanks for sharing. I saw some guys were going to try to do something similar using some of the shade covers out there. Good idea, definitely worth looking into 👍.

Alright. Easy weekend, got the body mount bushings replaced! For some reason the front one was totally out of line after I popped in the other 10 but I finally got it in there. Next up, got a True trac on the way to go in the rear! Pretty excited about that. I almost fully committed and went with a locker but I’m not sure I want to go there yet. I think I want to test the waters on the trails before I get too much into that.

D7B31FE5-E4BC-4E69-8E5D-76CA865A820C.jpeg

0B0AE596-300D-46EA-9463-BFB35E3122BF.jpeg

0576FDF6-431B-4CA2-A95E-4D898145EFC9.jpeg

4D4D0A55-8B89-4134-9F5E-27953BA61DE9.jpeg

Picked up a M8000 for only $400 with a synthetic line. Simply couldn’t pass it up, though it will need a new line pretty soon. Time to start getting ballsy on the trails now. Currie Antirock in the mail!!View attachment 145561
That looks like Tuttle Creek ORV to me! Are you still in the Manhattan area? If so, we need to meet up and go wheeling some time!