Florida The move to Florida is on!

I sold my gun safe with my last house. I doubt anyone could get it out easily anyway.
Mine isn't one of those actual thick steel safes that remind me of what a bank would use, a big-ass crow-bar would probably not have much trouble getting into it. It's an actual gun safe but...

Reactions: Apparition
I cannot believe that 2 days after I got in touch with a home buying company our house just sold with an offer $100k over what I was even hoping for. 30 days to get out though so I'm going to be busting my ass until we get back to Florida. Wow, I haven't slept in 2 nights with my head spinning over everything that has to be done. So I'll still be around but way less than usual.
Congrats on the permanent parole!!

Well those are the important things. Gotta keep those. It’ll be nice to start fresh with some new furniture in the new house.
Yeah it was definitely time for new furniture, we gave all the living and family room stuff away and we're still trying to get rid of it all. A full attic and 5 bedrooms, it was a junk magnet. Still have a shitload of junk, I dunno what I'm gonna do with the big-ass HEAVY F-150 tailgate and its associated hardware my son left here when he left for Florida. If there's room I might throw it into the moving van and deposit it on his front lawn and tell him to handle it lol. :ROFLMAO:

Moving, what a pain. I'm grateful my wife is good at going through stuff and getting rid of it. It's hard to watch, but it's worth it. I'm starting to go through my attic again today.

Yeah it was definitely time for new furniture, we gave all the living and family room stuff away and we're still trying to get rid of it all. A full attic and 5 bedrooms, it was a junk magnet. Still have a shitload of junk, I dunno what I'm gonna do with the big-ass HEAVY F-150 tailgate and its associated hardware my son left here when he left for Florida. If there's room I might throw it into the moving van and deposit it on his front lawn and tell him to handle it lol. :ROFLMAO:
Facebook marketplace, or the trash pile

Moving, what a pain. I'm grateful my wife is good at going through stuff and getting rid of it. It's hard to watch, but it's worth it. I'm starting to go through my attic again today.
My girlfriend and I moved into our current spot last June. We have finally almost got everything organized, and still purging a lot of stuff that hasn’t gotten use since we moved in.

Reactions: JMT
I dunno what I'm gonna do with the big-ass HEAVY F-150 tailgate and its associated hardware my son left here when he left for Florida
Tailgate theft was a thing not too long ago. I'd sell it because they're in demand.

It's been on Craiglist for two week. Free! No takers.
Jerry, I'm interrupting briefly while the thought is on my mind.
There is a long tide on St. Augustine beach, meaning the water goes out quite far. Don't park near the water when the tide is out and go for a long walk. You may come back to see your Jeep deep in saltwater.

There is a long tide on St. Augustine beach, meaning the water goes out quite far. Don't park near the water when the tide is out and go for a long walk. You may come back to see your Jeep deep in saltwater.
Kind of like this...lol
1650557245149.png

Thanks, we're just north of there. I doubt I'll ever have my Jeep on the beaches there, too much salt in the sand even in the dry stretches. :)

Reactions: John Cooper
I lived in St. Augustine from 1981-1996. Then it started getting very crowded and I moved to Georgia. I had already left St. Petersburg after 34 years. Now I live on 118 acres in rural Georgia. When I moved here the population for the entire county was 17,000. Now it is 14,000. I don't think I will be moving again.