Florida The move to Florida is on!

It will all feel better once you spend your first night in your new home, wake up to a fresh cup of coffee and watch the sun come up on a new life.
Enjoy, relax, turn on the music and DRINK. You're in Florida now. 😁

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
It will all feel better once you spend your first night in your new home, wake up to a fresh cup of coffee and watch the sun come up on a new life.
Enjoy, relax, turn on the music and DRINK. You're in Florida now. 😁

Yep… Jerry it’s all about the sunrises on this side!

You need to change your profile location.
Still here in Escondido. We have accumulated so much shit it's taking two trucks. We got rid of a half truck's worth.
20220427_131155.jpg

I have lived here my entire 54 years of life and have never seen more out of state license plates especially California ones. Life is different here but I wouldn’t change it for anywhere else. Don’t get me wrong I love to visit other states with elevation changes, different season, snow etc…

Good luck Jerry!

I grew up in Florida (around the Orlando area). Did my undergrad in Orlando (UCF). My parents and some of my sisters still live there (I'm flying down there soon to visit for a week). I have lots of good memories of living/growing up in Florida.

But it is too hot and humid for me. No mountains, can't really go camping (hot/muggy/skeeters), and I don't care for the four-wheeling there. While living there, every time I got a chance, I was heading out of state for vacation (usually TN or the Carolinas). Good fishing though in Florida.

Why do I live in WA? It has most everything FL doesn't. One thing FL and WA have in common though... no state income tax!

I fail to see why some houses in Florida have fireplaces. Ours does - and its a complete waste of space! Its kinda like having A/C in central coastal California - you'd use it about 1 week a year!

Reactions: voodooridr
Maybe northerners moving south are use to it and think they need/want one. Likely just ambiance?

Maybe northerners moving south are use to it and think they need/want one. Likely just ambiance?
That's a good point - all the newer houses here have what I call "snow roofs", which are ridiculous and a liability in hurricane country! Drive up the cost of the house too.

I fail to see why some houses in Florida have fireplaces. Ours does - and its a complete waste of space! Its kinda like having A/C in central coastal California - you'd use it about 1 week a year!
It's for the romantic glow. Champagne, strawberries dipped in chocolate, while lying naked on a llama skin rug with your wife. :cool: