Florida The move to Florida is on!

Not yet, we need the proceeds from our present house we'll use to pay cash for the Florida house. We still need to find ne so we'll be heading back there soon to spend 10-14 days to try to find it. We're thinking Fleming Island which is close to Jacksonville. It's surrounded by water so we noticed it gets cooler breezes there than elsewhere we looked at.
welcome to the neighborhood!

• Love
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
welcome to the neighborhood!
200.gif

We have a symphony of cool animal sounds at the rear of our house at night, I guess most are frogs but lots of ducks quacking and geese honking too.
Sure beats the shit out of the sound of tears hitting the ground from the stampede of social justice warriors trying to be ‘out offended’ by, everything, from whence you came.

Congratulations on a great move!

You'll soon find that there's a thriving recycle and scrap culture here. Don't need something, set it by the curb. Somebody will take it if its needed - or if they can recycle/sell the metal.

Craigslist here is full of "Curb alerts".
that's a beautiful thing, we've got a crew that circulates like clockwork beginning on Saturday in advance of Monday's trash pickup. They will take any/everything of value. Several hundred pounds of old TJ parts have gone that way, lawnmowers, a whole lawn tractor once :ROFLMAO:, I love those guys

if i end up down there i'll be deeper down then Jerry is .................i can pick him up on my way out of state to go wheelin.
I kept the TJ, it's parked in my unusually small 3-car garage. I was excited what we bought had a 3-car garage, a rarity in Florida, but damn it's a small one!

I kept the TJ, it's parked in my unusually small 3-car garage. I was excited what we bought had a 3-car garage, a rarity in Florida, but damn it's a small one!
garage, lucky you.........at best i'll have a double car port.

i'd rather not be 10hrs deep, the ride out will be long and boring. but i have to get free of this cold weather. we are lookin down around deerfield/boca, 5 miles from the ocean and 5 miles from the glades. if AZ or NM offered the same it'd be an option, but a reservoir and some cactus are not equal.

i'd be cool with SC or TN, but it's her house we are sellin so it's her choice where she's buys her new 1.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Jerry, You may have to build a CJ2A ! they make a TJ look like a Suburban in comparison ! Glad your starting to get settled in. How are YOU doing these days ?

Hell, a two car garage isn't as common as you'd think - and NOBODY (except me) parks their cars in the garage. The one climate in the country that you'd think people would actually use their garages and they don't. I actually got a phone call one time from someone making a delivery asking me when I was going to be home - they were out front but there were no cars in the driveway, so they thought nobody was there! Really? I just opened the garage door so they could see both cars there. People use my driveway to turn around in because its the only one on my street that is clear...

These houses were originally built with 2 car carports, but most of them have been converted to garages, albeit garages that nobody parks their cars in. The resulting garage is rather short - the Mercedes barely fits, about a foot on either end. Glad its not the LWB version!

• Haha
Reactions: ColoJeep
Jerry now you will need a Boat to run the St. John’s River.

J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

B ring
O n
A nother
T housand

with all the money you save from leaving the high prices of Cali.
I’m living through both of those phrases, and both of them are true!!

The plan is to take the boat out on the St Johns tomorrow though 😉

Reactions: Matt888
$800 bucks a year to winterize and store the pontoon boat before inflation, now its $1,200.

Was $150. to have the dock put in, now it's $175. When it's a nice day I would spend about $12 buck in gas. Now it's about $32 bucks.

Boats are more of a money pit everyday.

I almost moved to Flemming Island about 4 years ago. Wife was going to transfer to Jacksonville and I was pretty into gofast boats.

You have to try out Whitey's Fish Camp. Popular poker run stop off on the St. Johns on Doctors Lake off the 220 by the bridge.

$800 bucks a year to winterize and store the pontoon boat before inflation, now its $1,200.

Was $150. to have the dock put in, now it's $175. When it's a nice day I would spend about $12 buck in gas. Now it's about $32 bucks.

Boats are more of a money pit everyday.
Everyone has a choice. You can have boats, horses or money.

• Haha
Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
I almost moved to Flemming Island about 4 years ago. Wife was going to transfer to Jacksonville and I was pretty into gofast boats.

You have to try out Whitey's Fish Camp. Popular poker run stop off on the St. Johns on Doctors Lake off the 220 by the bridge.
My first love, I was in the marine business for 35 years.

53E14E7A-63E7-4A2A-B8E5-ADA0CE2078DB.jpeg