Florida The move to Florida is on!

Temperature is not the killer. Humify is. In Phoenix the only bad month is August.

had a lead where i used to work, he was Italian and always said "it's not the heat it's the humility " we would all look at each other and smile holding back a laugh !

Where all 3 cross is where I live that was a rough year.

Screenshot_20220927-221126_Samsung Internet.jpg

Decided to fill up the Jeep on Sunday and did some shopping.
I have a lot of bottled water on hand so I should be good.
Yesterday I rolled out my 6K 220V Generac and ran for 15 minutes testing the outlet voltages and Hz.
The generator will power up my house; so I have invited a few neighbors over IF the power goes out.
According to the predictions IAN will touch down as a CAT 4 where my son lives so he has installed the hurricane shutters, packed some things and moved the family inland.
At the moment it looks like Jacksonville will get hit with a CAT 1 or slightly less..... with A LOT of rain.....

I spent a 14 hour July day running heat tests on an offshore crane in Louisiana. It was over 105 degrees and in the 90's for humidity. The damn sky was circling as there was a hurricane coming in. It was pretty miserable.

I lived in the Philippines in 2019 for almost 7 months and went thru their seasons IF you can call them seasons.
Went from quite warm and humid during the day 85-90*/75-80%RH and at night 75-85*/70-75%RH) in Nov-April to really hot and really humid during the day (93-98*+/85-90%RH and at night 80-85*/80-85%RH in May-Oct.
The rainy season May-Oct it rains moderately almost every day and then there are HEAVY rains several times a week dumping more than 5" in 45 minutes; afterwards the sun comes out and the humidity skyrockets.
Needless to say your vehicles cooling system and A/C need to be working perfectly....
I was there in May-June for 5 weeks where the rainy season was late in arriving, but the last 10 days the rains more than made up for what there wasn't in May and early June.
Going again in Dec-Jan and looking forward to the weather that time of year.

We're about 20 miles south of Jacksonville in a little place called Fleming Island. It's not really an island though, more like a big peninsula surrounded by water on 3 sides. And while we have a big pond behind us we're not all that close to the water here so we're not in an evacuation zone.

Woke up to semi-dark skies with some rain and wind, nothing major. Thursday and Friday will be the real test. So far as I can tell we won't see anything near what south Florida is getting so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I went outside and moved everything that could blow away inside and pulled the cushions out of the outdoor furniture that's in our screened in patio. It does get wet inside there when the wind is blowing. Other than that we're battened down as best I can. Pulled my big American flag from the outside and put it inside too.

I did consider buying a generator/inverter but to do that right I'm going to need an electrician to wire the auto-transfer switch so it meets code. We might lose power, we have once a month or two ago, but we have a lot of flash lights lol. We're hunkered down but we're not expecting it to be nearly as bad as south Florida is/will be seeing. I hope it's not too bad for them!!!

We're about 20 miles south of Jacksonville in a little place called Fleming Island. It's not really an island though, more like a big peninsula surrounded by water on 3 sides.

Woke up to semi-dark skies with some rain and wind, nothing major. Thursday and Friday will be the real test. So far as I can tell we won't see anything near what south Florida is getting so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I went outside and moved everything that could blow away inside and pulled the cushions out of the outdoor furniture that's in our screened in patio. It does get wet inside there when the wind is blowing. Other than that we're battened down as best I can. Pulled my big American flag and put it inside too.

Take a look at weather underground's forecast for your area. The eye's projected path is drifting southwards, now its looking like it will pass about 20 miles north of us - but if it continues this trend, it'll pass directly overhead. In any event, only 35 MPH winds are forecast for tomorrow, and even the projected rain level is dropping. In other words, a big yawn. Of course, it ain't over until its over.

We're about 20 miles south of Jacksonville in a little place called Fleming Island. It's not really an island though, more like a big peninsula surrounded by water on 3 sides.

Woke up to semi-dark skies with some rain and wind, nothing major. Thursday and Friday will be the real test. So far as I can tell we won't see anything near what south Florida is getting so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I went outside and moved everything that could blow away inside and pulled the cushions out of the outdoor furniture that's in our screened in patio. It does get wet inside there when the wind is blowing. Other than that we're battened down as best I can. Pulled my big American flag and put it inside too.

It seems that it will exit south of you into the Atlantic. Aside from the eye wall which in this case at 155 mph and catastrophic typically in Hurricanes the north east quadrant is the worst as it is considered the dirty side of the storm. It has the most rain etc.. we have been getting rain for 2 days down in South Florida. My property is currently under water except for the house lol si I technically have a moat lol. The worst part would be tornadoes that get spun from the feeder bands. We had one overnight south of me in Delray that did some property damage.

By the time it croses the state it should reduce in strength considerably. The only time I have actually experienced the intensification of the storm over land was Hurricane Wilma that made landfall near Naples and cross the state exiting just north of me. As the eye went over the everglades it continued to draw up strength. Basically the leading eye wall was weaker than the trailing eye wall. I went out side while in the eye and the sun came out. Saw neighbors trying to remove shutters thinking it was over and told the not to as the worst was still to come.

Take a look at weather underground's forecast for your area. The eye's projected path is drifting southwards, now its looking like it will pass about 20 miles north of us - but if it continues this trend, it'll pass directly overhead. In any event, only 35 MPH winds are forecast for tomorrow, and even the projected rain level is dropping. In other words, a big yawn. Of course, it ain't over until its over.

For us locals anything cat 1 and under is a big yawn lol