The next generation Jeep to be partially Aluminum

It looks as though there may some proposed changes in some of the next generation Jeep panels being made of Aluminum. http://blog.caranddriver.com/sergio...re-hybrid-construction-of-aluminum-and-steel/

Looks like they are going the same route that Ford did with the F150 pickup. I remember everyone thought that was going to be either a huge hit or a huge miss. It turned out to be a huge hit for Ford.

Aluminum definitely has its advantages. One of them being weight savings!

LJ/TJ is best! Steel and not all computer controlled!

This is why I consider the TJ / LJ to be the last 'true' Wrangler. I know the JK is wonderful off road, but I'm sorry... A minivan engine and all those computers and electronics... I'll pass.

Again, the JK is great, I just wouldn't want to work on one myself, where as I work on the TJ all the time and it's a breeze!

Reactions: KCsTJ
This is why I consider the TJ / LJ to be the last 'true' Wrangler. I know the JK is wonderful off road, but I'm sorry... A minivan engine and all those computers and electronics... I'll pass.

Again, the JK is great, I just wouldn't want to work on one myself, where as I work on the TJ all the time and it's a breeze!

Exactly!

The JK is great. It was made even better when they ditched that Chrysler town and country minivan engine for the pentastar.

I'd take a TJ/LJ over a JK any day of the week, though!

Exactly!

The JK is great. It was made even better when they ditched that Chrysler town and country minivan engine for the pentastar.

I'd take a TJ/LJ over a JK any day of the week, though!

The Pentastar is better for sure, but it still doesn't have that simplicity and easy of working on it like the good old 4.0 does. Sure, it's an old engine, but it's tried and true, and it's build like a fucking tractor engine. I mean hell, an iron block, iron head, pushrods and and underhead cam? That's pretty friggin' simple!

I'm just not a fan of all the extra crap on new cars. More electronics, sensors and other shit that when it breaks, you need computers to fix it versus simple tools. Working on my 4.0 is a walk in the park most of the time.

The Pentastar is better for sure, but it still doesn't have that simplicity and easy of working on it like the good old 4.0 does. Sure, it's an old engine, but it's tried and true, and it's build like a fucking tractor engine. I mean hell, an iron block, iron head, pushrods and and underhead cam? That's pretty friggin' simple!

I'm just not a fan of all the extra crap on new cars. More electronics, sensors and other shit that when it breaks, you need computers to fix it versus simple tools. Working on my 4.0 is a walk in the park most of the time.

Yep! I spent a long time looking for my LJ because I wanted a "real" Wrangler. I say "real" because JK's are real Wranglers too, but they're just not... just not the same. Ya dig?

The 4.0 is epic.

Yep! I spent a long time looking for my LJ because I wanted a "real" Wrangler. I say "real" because JK's are real Wranglers too, but they're just not... just not the same. Ya dig?

The 4.0 is epic.

Agreed! I'd totally drive a JK, I just wouldn't take one over my TJ!

Given a choice between a future all steel electronic nightmare Wrangler and a future steel/aluminum electronic nightmare Wrangler, I'll take the latter any day.

Reactions: Stinger
Haha! Yep... If you're going to have an electronic nightmare (and I'll take @Jerry Bransford word on that since he's the electronic guy) might as well have an electronic nightmare with an aluminum frame.

Reactions: Stinger
The hood and doors of my wannabe jeep is already aluminum.

Lights.jpeg

Reactions: Chris