The Official Jeep Wrangler JL 392 V8 Discussion Thread

Starrs

TJ Guru
So it is confirmed will be debuting tomorrow at noon. Guess we will where the pricing comes in at. If it weren’t for the bronco this never would have happened. Thanks Ford for waking jeep up.
28FE68F8-A922-455C-BE67-897FD0E86531.jpg

I just hope they stick a V8 in the Gladiator. Doesn't even have to be a 392, a simple 5.7L will do just fine, Jeep. I'd rather have one with a 5.7L than whatever POS Fiat eco-diesel they plan on putting in it. Probably the same one that has been a nightmare in the Grand Cherokees and Dodge Rams.

Kind of disappointing they didn't go with factory 35's like the bronco. Also, it's more like a Mojave 392 than a rubicon based on the fact that it doesn't use the 4:1 transfer case.

The half doors look amazing though.

Reactions: reddvltj and Chris
373's in the diff's, A beefed up set of Dana 44's, Paddle tap shifts, Auto 8 speed only. 470 hp/470 lbs of TQ. I think its cool.

Kind of disappointing they didn't go with factory 35's like the bronco. Also, it's more like a Mojave 392 than a rubicon based on the fact that it doesn't use the 4:1 transfer case.

The half doors look amazing though.
There is an option to add factory 35’s. I’m sure this thing gonna cast 70k plus after adding options though.

Reactions: reddvltj
Also, it's more like a Mojave 392 than a rubicon based on the fact that it doesn't use the 4:1 transfer case.
It does sound more like Mojave 392 as I also read that the rear locker would be usable in 4h.

Overall, this looks super cool.

Reactions: Alex01
I mean in all fairness, it's not like you need a 392 V8 to rock crawl :LOL:

Sounds like they're going more for the "desert runner" thing that Ford has done.

He's just gone as far down the rabbit hole as you can go. But in his defense, I imagine those 37s are probably pretty bad on the road in terms of power loss.

I've learned from his experience though, and what I've learned is that I'm scrapping any V8 plans I had and sticking with a 4.0, even if it means stroking it at some point.

I saw an ad, can't believe they finally did it, wonder how long before they put in a hellcat, ill bet 5 years tops.

completely different directions, but I bet they had to do the 4xe to offset the 392 for their fleet MPG.

both are an interesting set of ideas for the wrangler's as an offroader. 392 desert runner and a 4xe rock crawler.

Reactions: The shuggs