The Official Jeep Wrangler JL 392 V8 Discussion Thread

One of the guys I've wheeled with a few times has factory half doors for his JKU and they look good. He was saying he ordered it from the dealer and the sales guy didn't even realize it was an option.
20190917_115332.jpg

One of the guys I've wheeled with a few times has factory half doors for his JKU and they look good. He was saying he ordered it from the dealer and the sales guy didn't even realize it was an option. View attachment 204792
It’s crazy the amount of JK/JKU and JL/JLU owners who are brand new to Wrangler ownership and have no idea half doors are a thing. I love the look.

Is the markup of $6-10K some dealers are charging to order a 392 a sign of high interest? I hope the Bronco competition helps bring that markup down. Or, Ford may decide to follow Jeep and increase theirs. Ugh

Is the markup of $6-10K some dealers are charging to order a 392 a sign of high interest? I hope the Bronco competition helps bring that markup down. Or, Ford may decide to follow Jeep and increase theirs. Ugh
It’s just the initial kick in the balls from the dealers. It’s an FU charge for limited supply and first buyer itis.

When Ford brought out the first GT I talked to a dealer that took a $100k markup. (I wasn’t buying one but wish I could have)

I’d find a dealer that won’t do that. Have to be one somewhere.

Reactions: Byhumba
I remember hell cats with a 20k markup. The demon, I believe could have been the hellcat, fca said any markup will reduce the dealers allocation.

My question is will the v8 wrangler drive discounts on the diesel since the person spending 65k on the diesel will likely be looking at the v8 now. Or are they different enough that the v8 will bring in it's own base.

Reactions: Byhumba
I like this, I would never even consider buying one but I think it is super cool. I may be way off here but I bet if this and the 4XE are similarly priced (which I think they could be) I could see them selling more 392's. I always thought that half doors on a JKU looked great but with the different design of the roll bar on the JLU, the half doors look amazing and blow the JKU out of the water

I like this, I would never even consider buying one but I think it is super cool. I may be way off here but I bet if this and the 4XE are similarly priced (which I think they could be) I could see them selling more 392's. I always thought that half doors on a JKU looked great but with the different design of the roll bar on the JLU, the half doors look amazing and blow the JKU out of the water
Agreed. I cant wait to see a 2 door JL with no top and Jeep half doors.
31A8FAF9-F6D1-4D3B-AA58-3ED138AB3FCA.jpeg
D0C56093-D33A-46BE-A0B1-FF636B2209FE.jpeg
05BBF46D-CAC4-452C-9E75-48CF6F0922F4.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Reactions: downthepines
While I agree it is a high price its more comparable to a fully loaded rubicon not a stripped version. The 392 seems to come fully loaded. I'd assume over the years they'd offer more stripped versions.
Don't count on it. Not in the North American automobile market. {INSERT RANT HERE}

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
While I agree it is a high price its more comparable to a fully loaded rubicon not a stripped version. The 392 seems to come fully loaded. I'd assume over the years they'd offer more stripped versions.

Oh trust me, you'll still be able to add another 10-15k in options. The half doors alone are $6000 I believe it is.

Also, don't count on the V8 lasting much longer. While I can't say for certain, I keep reading things from numerous automotive news sources that say that the V8 in general is living on borrowed time. At one point late last year they even interviewed one of the Dodge Challenger engineers and they said that the next generation of Challengers may have to forego a V8 altogether due to taxes, emissions, and trying to constantly keep up with EPA standards.

I wouldn't be surprised if the V8 is eventually phased out in favor of a V6 twin turbo (or similar) like Ford has done with the EcoBoost.