The official snowflake thread

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
First and foremost, this thread isn't supposed to have any political connotation or overtones whatsoever. I'm simply a bit pissed off how in this day and age, people complain over the stupidest and most childish shit. It seems everywhere you turn these days, some snowflake is whining about some first world bullshit.

So, the point of this thread is simply to post links to news articles you see in which people are getting upset over stupid things.

I'll kick it off with this:

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/07/evan-rachel-wood-calls-out-stranger-things-3-hopper-1202156151/
Seems like something to get your panties in a bunch about, right? :ROFLMAO:

Okay, your guys' turn now!

My day is better than yours. I don't even know what a Rachael Evan Woods is. When Jimmy Carter instituted federal control of state education he put us on the fast train for societal demise. Thought control by the thought police. One snowflake term I cringe at is “toxic masculinity”. Lack of masculinity in the under 50 crowd is a major failure in American men. Hell, the under 50 crowd is experiencing a huge decline in sperm count and testosterone levels. They ain’t right.

My day is better than yours. I don't even know what a Rachael Evan Woods is. When Jimmy Carter instituted federal control of state education he put us on the fast train for societal demise. Thought control by the thought police. One snowflake term I cringe at is “toxic masculinity”. Lack of masculinity in the under 50 crowd is a major failure in American men. Hell, the under 50 crowd is experiencing a huge decline in sperm count and testosterone levels. They ain’t right.

I don't know who she is either. But it popped up on my news feed for some reason, and since I'm a Stranger Things fan, I clicked on it.

Toxic masculinity is a great one. The terms these nut jobs come up with is mind blowing. Seems like some people have nothing better to do these days other than complain.

Reactions: skrelnik
I don't know who she is either. But it popped up on my news feed for some reason, and since I'm a Stranger Things fan, I clicked on it.

Toxic masculinity is a great one. The terms these nut jobs come up with is mind blowing. Seems like some people have nothing better to do these days other than complain.

She is Dolores in Westworld

Last edited:
I have a child who has gone over to the darkside. One of her annoying snowflake sayings is: "My truth" Seems it is now considered sane to develop alternate untrue facts and label it "my truth". Apparently we are supposed to entertain delusions and revisions of history. In my village, there are only one set of facts and truths.

I have a child who has gone over to the darkside. One of her annoying snowflake sayings is: "My truth" Seems it is now considered sane to develop alternate untrue facts and label it "my truth". Apparently we are supposed to entertain delusions and revisions of history. In my village, there are only one set of facts and truths.
O no, mine likes to use the phrase "don't judge me". O don't worry, I'm judging you alright :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Scott B.
I am tired of the pc gen everything is offensive to everyone so I am the most offensive sob I can be. Keeps everyone away for the most part

I hear you! I find myself going out of the way trying to offend people just because it's gotten to the point where I almost enjoy knowing that I can get a rise out of them.

Everyone has "anxiety" these days. You are supposed to have anxieties about new and challenging experiences- it helps you rise to the challenge. Anxiety is now used to get out of ever having to deal with a stressful situation, it is overused and detracts from those truly unfortunate few that have clinical anxieties.

Funny story: My wife enrolled my son in karate or tae kwon whatever last year. It only lasted a couple classes. She said the instructor kept telling ALL the children that they were winning every little contest they were doing. At one point they were doing some sort of race from end to end where they had to stop halfway through and do pushups or something, and my kid lost. When the instructor told them both that they were winners my wife stood up and shouted "no, you lost" to our son. That turned into a heated conversation between her and the instructor, and that was about it. She basically told the instructor that she didn't want him telling our son that he was winning everything he tried when he clearly was not.

My wife coached gymnastics for years, and says she saw the change about a decade ago. These kids come in absolutely sucking despite having been told their whole lives that they are amazing. The first time a coach gets real with them and tells them they aren't good they just lose it and collapse.

I have a recent example where I got into it with a snowflake.

So talking to a dude at a work function. I don’t work directly with this guy just the same company.

Anyway he’s talking about this recent issues with Nike where they removed a line of shoes that were for July 4th but they had the Betsy Ross version of the flag. Being naive to how this would offend. I was like “that’s just dumb”. So he gets his tail all bushed up and explains that version of the flag is insensitive to African Americans as that flag was made back when slavery was a thing. Thinking to myself that this guy must be pulling my chain saying this...I responded that it’s also during the period that the country was built, etc. and asked him if we should just stop celebrating July 4th entirely because 7/4/1776 was what we are actually celebrating. But in this guys mind I guess slavery is the only thing in that entire period of time and for the next 90 years or so that mattered or was noteworthy.

Then he goes onto telling me about some neo-nazi group that adopted that version of the flag to promote their agenda. To which I responded that if they defaced that version of the flag for their horseshit that doesn’t mean the flag itself in its original image represents that.

He was undeterred. Then he mentions that Colin Kaepernick started the movement to have the Nike shoes removed from the shelves. That made me loose it. I said “seriously Snowflake, so you are morally offended by the image of a Betsy Ross flag on a pair of shoes but you are totally ok with your hero Kaepernick not standing for the national anthem?”

He starts on a rant about how it is just a song and we shouldn’t have to stand for the national anthem or even hear it unless it’s at a government or military sponsored event. And the fact that this football star (who happily earned millions for playing a sport, which would never happen in any other country) was unfairly treated by our nationalist society.

With that I had to walk away or my fist would have been down this guys throat.

Sorry Chris if this is too political or whatever. But I just done get it. Disrespect the country, screw the government, but don't dare even do anything that could somehow be construed as even slightly disrespecting (without intent) a protected class...sheesh.

Last edited:
Haha, if you ever want to test your endurance for snowflakes, go and work for a university like I did last year. The sheer number of ‘safe spaces’ and bs would drive you nuts if you don’t quickly learn how to just let that stuff roll off your back. I’m at a point where I find it entertaining, downright comical. It’s like watching toddlers have a meltdown at the mall, and you’re giggling your ass off on the inside and trying hard not to let it out... lol

I blame the rise of social media. I have found that most of these snow flakes don’t really stand for anything not really. They are not really willing to go do something, or change their lifestyle, or even vote. What they will do is take a 1/2 second to Twitter or Facebook about how terrible Some thing or person is. What really gets me is how companies and networks over react to everything people Twatter about.

Funny story: My wife enrolled my son in karate or tae kwon whatever last year. It only lasted a couple classes. She said the instructor kept telling ALL the children that they were winning every little contest they were doing. At one point they were doing some sort of race from end to end where they had to stop halfway through and do pushups or something, and my kid lost. When the instructor told them both that they were winners my wife stood up and shouted "no, you lost" to our son. That turned into a heated conversation between her and the instructor, and that was about it. She basically told the instructor that she didn't want him telling our son that he was winning everything he tried when he clearly was not.

My wife coached gymnastics for years, and says she saw the change about a decade ago. These kids come in absolutely sucking despite having been told their whole lives that they are amazing. The first time a coach gets real with them and tells them they aren't good they just lose it and collapse.

We ran into the same thing when we enrolled my daughter in Tae Keon Do. We pulled her after a week. That place is a fucking joke. I sat in that entire week during her classes and they weren’t teaching them anything useful at all in terms of a real world street right. Not to mention they were doing everything you described.

Next time I’ll enroll her in Krav Maga.

Reactions: Ericict and qslim
I blame the rise of social media. I have found that most of these snow flakes don’t really stand for anything not really. They are not really willing to go do something, or change their lifestyle, or even vote. What they will do is take a 1/2 second to Twitter or Facebook about how terrible Some thing or person is. What really gets me is how companies and networks over react to everything people Twatter about.

It is social media 100%. Before social media they didn’t have a public outlet to complain to and the rest of the world wouldn’t know or care.

Reactions: chad