The official snowflake thread

Snowflake?

I'm not trying to offend you, just asking.

I'm saying that it's a stupid thread, that doesn't make me a snowflake and it doesn't make me "triggered".

I'm just so tired of divisiveness and everything being blown into a big deal. This thread isn't doing anything differently than every social media site out there. We've already lost every other forum to this shit and now here we are. Someone will probably call me a stupid name now, so carry on I'll leave you to it.

I'm saying that it's a stupid thread, that doesn't make me a snowflake and it doesn't make me "triggered".

I'm just so tired of divisiveness and everything being blown into a big deal. This thread isn't doing anything differently than every social media site out there. We've already lost every other forum to this shit and now here we are. Someone will probably call me a stupid name now, so carry on I'll leave you to it.

You really need to lighten up, you're taking this way too seriously and reading into it stuff that simply isn't there. These 'Off-Topic" sections in forums are a fantastic idea because they help people let their hair down, get to know each other, discuss a few silly things, and actually develop better 'online relationships' (don't make it weird, I mean it in the platonic sense... lol). When you don't create an environment where people know each other better, you end up with a ton of lurkers and lots of questions that don't get answered because nobody really wants to put the energy into helping a 'stranger'. That is the kiss of death for forums and I've seen it happen.

@Chris started this as a sort of 'pet peeves' thread and I really don't see anything wrong with it. I think it's perfectly fine if you don't wish to participate in the 'Off-Topic' but there's really nothing inherently toxic about it. Now the 'Politics' subsections, those can get out of control pretty damn quick, so I'm not a really big fan of those...

As I mentioned in the first post of this thread, there isn't supposed to be any political overtone to this.

I'm merely starting a thread about the countless number of people who seem to be offended by anything and everything today. Nothing about this is meant to be political, it's simply meant to be a discussion of stupid things that people have gotten offended about, that somehow manage to make the news.

Doesn't every forum have an "off-topic" sub-forum where people discuss random stuff like this?

Reactions: jeepins and afmoto
I still remember the school in Buffalo NY for field day at an elementary school had to change the name of
"Tug of War" to "Yank for Fun"!! I kid you not.

Sounds exactly like something they would do in Portland. The snowflakes here couldn't handle their kids using the term "war".

As I mentioned in the first post of this thread, there isn't supposed to be any political overtone to this.

I'm merely starting a thread about the countless number of people who seem to be offended by anything and everything today. Nothing about this is meant to be political, it's simply meant to be a discussion of stupid things that people have gotten offended about, that somehow manage to make the news.

Doesn't every forum have an "off-topic" sub-forum where people discuss random stuff like this?
This offends me, I am now officially triggered.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
OMG....Where is the safe space on this site......I need my safe space.
My snowflake life is here for the last 3 months

20190711_135642.jpg

I'm as anti-snowflake as anyone but the whole "snowflake" problem isn't really that big as a few of you want to believe. I go to one of the most liberal universities in the United States and haven't found too many problems. It is not like they constantly jump down my throat about their political beliefs or change my life in anyway. I've had a few people ask me to sign petitions to impeach Trump. I just say no thank you and move along with my life. If they want to study gender studies with a minor in underwater basket weaving, who cares? Just makes the job market less competitive for me.

To some extent, I think the real snowflakes might be those who blow the whole problem out of the water. A very small percentage of young people are true snowflakes.

Reactions: Artemis and EzPeezy
You really need to lighten up, you're taking this way too seriously and reading into it stuff that simply isn't there. These 'Off-Topic" sections in forums are a fantastic idea because they help people let their hair down, get to know each other, discuss a few silly things, and actually develop better 'online relationships' (don't make it weird, I mean it in the platonic sense... lol). When you don't create an environment where people know each other better, you end up with a ton of lurkers and lots of questions that don't get answered because nobody really wants to put the energy into helping a 'stranger'. That is the kiss of death for forums and I've seen it happen

Very well said. I've been on dozens of automotive forums over the years and I say hands down this one has the best vibe. Not only is it filled w/ an unbelievable amount of TJ knowledge, it seems to be populated with a very active and respectful group of people. I'm not a social media guy at all, but I do enjoy coming here to the off-topic section to see what folks are talking about. Even the political forum (which @Chris was smart enough to segregate) has reasonable discourse for what it is. Political threads on other forums usually devolve into chaos and let it spill over into the rest of the forum, but that's not the case here.

I'm as anti-snowflake as anyone but the whole "snowflake" problem isn't really that big as a few of you want to believe. I go to one of the most liberal universities in the United States and haven't found too many problems. It is not like they constantly jump down my throat about their political beliefs or change my life in anyway. I've had a few people ask me to sign petitions to impeach Trump. I just say no thank you and move along with my life. If they want to study gender studies with a minor in underwater basket weaving, who cares? Just makes the job market less competitive for me.

To some extent, I think the real snowflakes might be those who blow the whole problem out of the water. A very small percentage of young people are true snowflakes.

You may have missed the point, read the first post again. This thread is not about the political 'snowflakes', it's really more about people who get butthurt over fridiculous stuff. Maybe @Chris needs to edit the title to "The Official Butthurt Thread"? Whatever it's called, we seem to have an ever growing segment of the population that is constantly offended and craving a victimhood complex. Some call it 'first world problems'...

You may have missed the point, read the first post again. This thread is not about the political 'snowflakes', it's really more about people who get butthurt over fridiculous stuff. Maybe @Chris needs to edit the title to "The Official Butthurt Thread"? Whatever it's called, we seem to have an ever growing segment of the population that is constantly offended and craving a victimhood complex. Some call it 'first world problems'...

You proved my point in your response. “An ever growing segment of the population that is constantly offended...” aka snowflakes. They are not a large part of the population. The whole point of this thread is to point out and discuss “snowflakes”. My point is that there are not many and they are simply not worth worrying about.

You proved my point in your response. “An ever growing segment of the population that is constantly offended...” aka snowflakes. They are not a large part of the population. The whole point of this thread is to point out and discuss “snowflakes”. My point is that there are not many and they are simply not worth worrying about.

That's a bit of a straw man argument, I don't think anyone suggested that they are a "large part of the population" or that they are worth worrying about. I don't know how old you are but I currently work for a university and I can absolutely guarantee you that 25+ years ago when I was an undergrad, we did not have most of the nonsense that exists today. The victimhood complex is exponentially more prevalent today and we cater so much to some of these 'snowflakes'. Of course you are by no means required to participate in this thread if it doesn't interest you, but I think a few of us find humor in some of the fridiculous stuff that people get so worked up about.

On the other hand, I may just lack self-awareness of my toxic masculinity or whatever... lol

My point is that there are not many and they are simply not worth worrying about.

Are we worried? Not really. I would say we are just having an amusing discussion here.

You might not find any humor in it, but I find the sensitivity levels of some people these days quite humorous.

I mean when you’re offended by a character in a fictional TV show :rolleyes:

Reactions: lowranger and chad
Well I know in Cali the snowflake population is massive everyone is offended by everything here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
I browse by 'new posts' so this stuff comes up. I'll change my browsing methods. Just seems like you'd have plenty of other places to vent. Kind of weird to use your own Jeep forum.

That's what the ignore forum feature is for.

You're welcome!

This offends me, I am now officially triggered.

I am offended that you're offended and I also find myself triggered!

Last edited:
To be clear, I’m definitely not on the side of anyone considered a snowflake. I’m quite conservative and don’t get offended by much. I commonly joke with my friends about the craziness that sometimes appears on our campus. But that craziness only pops up once or twice a year on one of the most liberal campuses in the United States. It really isn’t that common.

The reason I bring this up is mostly because I used to think “snowflakes” were taking over campuses and were very common. I lived in Wyoming at the time and there were next to no snowflakes. When I got to college, I realized that snowflakes aren’t very common and the media / my own bias blew things out of proportion.

I think that some young people are crazy nowadays. But it is important to make it clear that the vast majority of young people are normal and just live their lives without getting offended at every little thing.

I'm in the same place, and my wife hates when I ask questions like this, "What is a Rachael Evan Woods?"

And this still doesn't really answer the question even if my wife had asked, "Who is Rachael Evan Woods?" Although she may already know.

I was just pointing out the irony, I watched Westworld and Stranger Things.One of her boyfriends in Westworld stabbed her in the stomach with a bowie knife, I'd say that's about as toxic as it gets.

This is the scene that made Evan Rachel Woods famous

Hopper in Stranger Things was just sour because he got stood up on a date, there's a huge difference.He almost gave his life for that woman and she wanted another opportunity with him.

Evan Rachel Woods is just jealous because her show isn't as popular.Little kids are better actors, she's pointing the finger at the only adults in the show, a couple that was being made fun of in the show because they never had sex.

That's a bit of a straw man argument, I don't think anyone suggested that they are a "large part of the population" or that they are worth worrying about. I don't know how old you are but I currently work for a university and I can absolutely guarantee you that 25+ years ago when I was an undergrad, we did not have most of the nonsense that exists today. The victimhood complex is exponentially more prevalent today and we cater so much to some of these 'snowflakes'. Of course you are by no means required to participate in this thread if it doesn't interest you, but I think a few of us find humor in some of the fridiculous stuff that people get so worked up about.

On the other hand, I may just lack self-awareness of my toxic masculinity or whatever... lol
>Points out fallacy
>Replies with a fallacy
Impressive