The Official Tummy Tuck FAQ Thread

Post 287 is from an LJ owner addressing LJs specifically.

Yep, I was reading that. So I thought about adding the lower UCF transmission mount and if I have exhaust issues or driveline then deal with them as they come. Worse case I add skid spacers to drop it as a temporary solution to minimize vibrations as I come up with the parts and modifications I need to fix it permanently. If I had a regular TJ I'd toss all the parts in right away knowing I'd likely need them due to the shorter wheelbase.

I'm sure not putting a SYE on my 231 and get new driveshafts for that if I might install at 241 TC out of a Rubicon instead.

Yep, I was reading that. So I thought about adding the lower UCF transmission mount and if I have exhaust issues or driveline then deal with them as they come. Worse case I add skid spacers to drop it as a temporary solution to minimize vibrations as I come up with the parts and modifications I need to fix it permanently. If I had a regular TJ I'd toss all the parts in right away knowing I'd likely need them due to the shorter wheelbase.

I'm sure not putting a SYE on my 231 and get new driveshafts for that if I might install at 241 TC out of a Rubicon instead.
I had no vibration issues on my LJ at 3.5” lift. I SSSYE’d when I tucked.

Reactions: InOmaha
If I get the 241 off a Rubicon, I'll start there. I'll get a TT but not the really raised version. I may have access to some better axles too. So I'm sort of accelerating based on other found parts.

Apparently Jeep people upgrade a lot and then clean out when the wife complains.

If I get the 241 off a Rubicon, I'll start there. I'll get a TT but not the really raised version. I may have access to some better axles too. So I'm sort of accelerating based on other found parts.

Apparently Jeep people upgrade a lot and then clean out when the wife complains.
If you need wheels and 35’s I may have an option that’ll be going through Omaha in a month.

Ohhh.

I have these. I don't like looking through my wheels to the other side. This is pre lift and looked way off to me.

20200627_101805.jpg

Post lift was a little better. But I'm just not a fan.

20200628_144345.jpg

This thread.

1200x0.jpg

Oddly enough that was the first power plant I worked on in my career. Do you know how to stop a speeding train in 1/2 a block? A power plant combustion turbine on a heavy haul semi platform.

De fn rail.

They are in stock now...just ordered one.
I wouldn't hand out an award for speed on delivery for JB Conversion but the quality is top notch for an SS SYE.

They were in and out of stock when I was looking to hit 'buy'. When I did get a chance to buy back in Sept, it was 2-4 weeks to arrive.

I wouldn't hand out an award for speed on delivery for JB Conversion but the quality is top notch for an SS SYE.

They were in and out of stock when I was looking to hit 'buy'. When I did get a chance to buy back in Sept, it was 2-4 weeks to arrive.

mine will be right at 2 weeks as I get it Tuesday. I called before I ordered but I think they are just selling a shit ton of these.

Reactions: FarFire70
mine will be right at 2 weeks as I get it Tuesday. I called before I ordered but I think they are just selling a shit ton of these.
I don't think the COVID related delays in international supplies and raw materials is helping either.

Not to say I know how much, if any, of the JB Conversion is from internationally sourced materials. These days I chalk up any delays to international supply or localized labor hour restrictions from COVID....

I don't think the COVID related delays in international supplies and raw materials is helping either.

Not to say I know how much, if any, of the JB Conversion is from internationally sourced materials. These days I chalk up any delays to
international supply or localized labor hour restrictions from COVID....

maybe. I just got he impression it’s a small shop that’s being swamped with orders. I wasn’t in a hurry as I’m still deliberating on the NBL skid.

for the people who cut the exhaust hanger off the trans mount where the down stream cat is , where is you good place to weld another hanger ?

sometimes after wheeling the cats come a bit loose at manifold and start touching the front driveline . I think if there was a way to hold the weight with a hanger all would be well ...

for the people who cut the exhaust hanger off the trans mount where the down stream cat is , where is you good place to weld another hanger ?

sometimes after wheeling the cats come a bit loose at manifold and start touching the front driveline . I think if there was a way to hold the weight with a hanger all would be well ...
I would think supporting the weight in more spots will be beneficial. Crossmember and another spot just after the skid plate.

The

lopro mount is the equivalent of a 3/4-1" drop in most cases

How much more clearance would I earn buy doing a tummy tuck? roughly.

Assuming that I have no lowered my TC skid, and I want to go almost flat?

Does anyone have a measurement?

How much more clearance would I earn buy doing a tummy tuck? roughly.

Assuming that I have no lowered my TC skid, and I want to go almost flat?

Does anyone have a measurement?
About 2 3/4” with the Savvu MUA. My guess is about the same with the UCF Ultra High Clearance. Those are as flat as you can go without building a custom one. They bow toward the center. I love mine

About 2 3/4” with the Savvu MUA. My guess is about the same with the UCF Ultra High Clearance. Those are as flat as you can go without building a custom one. They bow toward the center. I love mine
That's a lot of clearance. I'm in love with the idea. It's a bit pricey though.

I think for a rig with "small" tires and SL (31" and 2.5" SL), this would be highly beneficial. Similar to 5" lift at least in the middle of the vehicle.

Although, I just installed new 31s, so it may look a little bit funny with 2.5" SL + 1.25 BL. 33s are not in the near future (Maybe in a few years).

I am going to build a custom skid and crossmember when the time comes, since product availability is awful over here. Especially on this topic. I doubt if anyone over here even knows what a TT is.

Lockers is another mod I want to, so I'm kinda between which to do first. TT or one selectable locker.