jeepins

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
1594092224552.jpg

Great pictures!

Here's our version of " Angry Birds".

AH-64 Apache
2758021460_88ee063734_b.jpg

My guys on Aug 2019 in Taji Iraq. It was about 130 degrees on that flightline, but anything for a good pic.
That's me 2nd from the far left.
thumbnailq.jpg

My twin sons and I over 20 years ago in front of an AH-1 Cobra.

thumbnaile.jpg

Reactions: DuncLJ
Definitely thank you for your service !

But we forgot one , my favorite.View attachment 175430
I've always loved the A10. Our hangar was right next to a squadron of them in Bagram 2013. The only thing that sounded cooler than their engines was the sound of the 30mm.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeepins and Tomcat
The P38 is just to gorgeous...

View attachment 175444

Yes it is. My stepfather , LTC Willis D Boone , flew the P38 from the Aleutians during WWII. He told me he had a love/hate relationship with it as it was "finicky" in flight but fast as hell. He later became the principal pilot for Air Force II for Hubert Humphrey.

Last edited:
Yes it is. My stepfather , LTC Willis D Boone , flew the P38 from the Aleutians during WWII. He told me he had a love/hate relationship with it as it was "finicky" in flight but fast as hell. He later became the principal pilot for Air Force II for Hubert Hoover.
That's awesome. I've spent a bit of time at Elmendorf AFB in Anchorage AK. They have a restored p38 on display.
It crash landed in the Aleutians in 1945. They pilot survived but the wreckage sat there till 1999. Some veterans finally
brought the wreckage back and had it restored. It's beautiful now.

Thank you and your stepfather for your service.

https://pacificwrecks.com/aircraft/p-38/42-13400.html
p38-10.jpg

p-38-19.jpg

p-38-5.jpg

p38-14.jpg

p38mountains11.jpg

It sits right majestically in front of all the other aircraft all by itself at Elmendorf. Didn’t know the back ground info on it thank you.

I’ll get a shot next month when I’m down there