The Original LJ

ItchyDong

Easily Offended
Supporting Member
I’m sure this is common knowledge but I found it cool. I’m over in the Philippines and these “Jeepneys” are everywhere. I guess they were left behind after WWII and they stretched them and turned them into a taxi system.

D374FF49-8F10-4C00-88E9-582A3169A30C.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m sure this is common knowledge but I found it cool. I’m over in the Philippines and these “Jeepneys” are everywhere. I guess they were left behind after WWII and they stretched them and turned them into a taxi system.

View attachment 298814

All turbo diesel too right? Saw a vid of them cracking down on emissions and taking them out of service for excessive black smoke.

I rode in a lot of Jeepneys when I was in the P.I. (Navy-speak for the Philippines) back in the 70's and 80's. They did, in fact, get their start with surplus Jeeps left over from the war and have since become an entire homegrown industry with a lot of variations on the original design. Most of the replacement flatfender body parts are from the P.I. these days, and are of decent quality.

Please tell me you are only spending minimum time in Manila and using most of your time at one or more of the Philippines beaches.

As for the Jeepney, yep they are everywhere. Have been rumors of them cracking down on emissions but given the need for low cost transportation into BGC, Makati, etc. I don’t see it happening.

Please tell me you are only spending minimum time in Manila and using most of your time at one or more of the Philippines beaches.

As for the Jeepney, yep they are everywhere. Have been rumors of them cracking down on emissions but given the need for low cost transportation into BGC, Makati, etc. I don’t see it happening.
Manila was just a pit stop on the way to my deployed location. I won't have any beach time this trip.