The Pit Bull has come a long way

tacman605

This is my 97 TJ.

This is pretty much where I started and here is where I am today. Slowly but surely getting it the way I want it.

I made a fold out tailgate table for the tailgate and there is a second larger table under the storage box which slides out.

The large green box is my camp kitchen and using 81 mm mortar packing I made a rack which holds three one pound propane bottles.

Everything else is securely stored in the box. I have wired in 12 volt power to the rear with a small power inverter, for now, until I decide what size to upgrade to.

Please keep in mind I am not a carpenter or an electrician but with help from youtube and friends I completed it by myself.

Thanks for looking

jeep start.jpg

IMG_0525 - Copy.jpg

fold out table.jpg

jeep storage.jpg

fuse box.jpg

kitchen.jpg

12 volt.jpg

What size power inverter are you planning on?
For a long time I planned on installing a 3,000 watt continuous sine wave inverter in my F150, because it already had a 370 amp alternator.
The stock 110 amp alternator in that car did not fully support a 1,500 watt square wave inverter at idle.
I've been tempted to install a similar inverter in the Jeep but I don't want to drop $$$ on an alternator just yet

I to wanted to go with at least a 3000 watt inverter.

My plan is to add a separate battery with a solar panel to keep it topped off. I want to upgrade to a Dodge high output alternator when I can find one.

I have read that power inverters are notoriously inefficient and unless you need 110 volt for something specific you are better off not using one. What are your thoughts?

Well I have heard good and bad. The little 400 watt I am using now keeps my radio battery charged and the battery for my cordless drill up and running. I am not planning on a game console or microwave however I do want to have either a cordless chainsaw or a corded one.
I used the volts x amps formula and found that I will need 990watts to run the chainsaw. I have horrible luck starting chainsaws by the way hence the electric version, but I will get bigger than I need as far as inverters and get a quality brand to start.