The problem with modern cars

Moab

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
As simple Jeep TJ owners arent you sometimes confounded with modern car designs? This guys hilarious. But also full up on truth.

Preaching to the choir. My rants on this subject are infamous!

"Computer lag"? That's called "Latency" and can only be caused by two things: 1) Underpowered hardware, or 2) Piss poor programming. My money's on 2 - but that's the subject of yet another rant...

Preaching to the choir. My rants on this subject are infamous!

"Computer lag"? That's called "Latency" and can only be caused by two things: 1) Underpowered hardware, or 2) Piss poor programming. My money's on 2 - but that's the subject of yet another rant...
How bout the tiny ass buttons on a newer single din stereo?!!! Wth?! My Kenwood has like millimeter wide buttons for stored channels. And a single dumb button for everything else. It took me a good year to be able to tell the tactile feel of the buttons on my fingertips. Cause theyre to small to see!!!

I seriously contemplated one of those modernized stock stereos. Just for the buttons and knobs.

How bout the tiny ass buttons on a newer single din stereo?!!! Wth?! My Kenwood has like millimeter wide buttons for stored channels. And a single dumb button for everything else. It took me a good year to be able to tell the tactile feel of the buttons on my fingertips. Cause theyre to small to see!!!

I seriously contemplated one of those modernized stock stereos. Just for the buttons and knobs.
Yea, there's that. The Jensen "Rugged" stereos aren't as bad, and they look better too.

I need a 4door at some point here, my wife hates the idea, but I will likely be buying and upgrading something old. I don't really care for many new cars, since they're built to be more disposable.

As bad as those are - they beat a damn touchscreen!

There is no “kinda” obnoxious, I am an out right asshole
No truer words spoken, asstip. ;)

I think ive referred to you as "asstip" before. But no one noticed. Lmao. ;)

Scotty Kilmer is a clickbait whore. But i love how honest and cut throat he is at times. He doesnt mince words about what is good and what is shit in the modern car world. Whether u agree with him or not. Hes changed my mind more than once about what id like to own. And things i might or might not do to my cars.

Its hard to find people with a large audience these days that are still willing to call a pos a pos. He laments the day modern cars became disposable. As do most of us. Otherwise we wouldnt be driving such simple ass Jeeps. :)

No truer words spoken, asstip. ;)

I think ive referred to you as "asstip" before. But no one noticed. Lmao. ;)

Scotty Kilmer is a clickbait whore. But i love how honest and cut throat he is at times. He doesnt mince words about what is good and what is shit in the modern car world. Whether u agree with him or not. Hes changed my mind more than once about what id like to own. And things i might or might not do to my cars.

Its hard to find people with a large audience these days that are still willing to call a pos a pos. He laments the day modern cars became disposable. As do most of us. Otherwise we wouldnt be driving such simple ass Jeeps. :)
I drive my shit until it is unsuitable for the road, then work on it till its roadworthy...I expect 200-300K, not like a 57 chevy that was scrap at 120K

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
I drive my shit until it is unsuitable for the road, then work on it till its roadworthy...I expect 200-300K, not like a 57 chevy that was scrap at 120K
I hear you brother. I think scottys time range is like the difference between a 2000 Jeep TJ and a modern 2021 Chevrolet or Buick or something with planned obsolescence engineered into every part.

I hear you brother. I think scottys time range is like the difference between a 2000 Jeep TJ and a modern 2021 Chevrolet or Buick or something with planned obsolescence engineered into every part.
Anything with a computer chip has planned obsolescence, I truely believe that they designed pcm’s with shitty capacitors that fail in 15-30 years.

Reactions: Moab
Ahh good ol scotty. Here's what I've learned from him

Dont redline your car
Always redline your car
Dont park in the garage
Dont park outside
Dont roll down your windows
Dont roll up your windows
Warming up your car is pointless on EFI cars
Why you should warm up your car even if EFI
Dont hit the brakes too hard
Dont be a b*tch and get on those brakes!!

...you get the point

Scotty sells so much bullshit in the *scotty voice* "46 years ive been a mechanic" yet he always contradicts himself and considers every car a piece of shit unless its a 1987 Toyota Celica :ROFLMAO:

He is kinda obnoxious, but a lot of times he knows what he's talking about. Kinda like some folks here! ;)

And a lot of times he doesn't. I gave up after a few vids.

One of which was him using a heavily modified CJ as proof that Wranglers suck.

Reactions: Zorba