The RompHim: an official sign that it is the end of times.

I don't know if you guys have been seeing this in the news lately, but this is proof that the end of times is upon us.

http://www.latimes.com/fashion/la-ig-rompers-for-men-20170525-htmlstory.html

The modern day male has gone from manly to metrosexual, and it took less than 100 years.

That's pretty shocking. However, what my age group dresses like regardless is also still shocking to me. It's hip to dress more feminine-like, have long ass hair, and, I don't understand it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1547 :risas3:
IMG_2541.JPG

That's pretty shocking. However, what my age group dresses like regardless is also still shocking to me. It's hip to dress more feminine-like, have long ass hair, and, I don't understand it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed that, and I don't get it either.

Reactions: Kyle_W
That's not end times, just the end of the John Wayne/Clint Eastwood self sufficient, meat eating male.

My daughter is 12. Her 6th grade class had an end-of-school project building soap box race cars. Supposed to encourage team work and communication.
They broke up into 5 member teams.
Her team was 3 boys, 2 girls.
My daughter and her friend led the team, did all the work and raced the car.
Why?
Because they could use the tools. I'm serious. 2 of the boys couldn't drive nails. When they failed at it, they cried and quit. Really.
They would miss a nail or mess up a line with the saw and start crying and go sit under a tree. Over and over again. One of them cried 13 times in a six hour period.
The third boy was a little fat dude who wouldn't do anything except play games on his phone.

My daughter and her friend were the only two on the team who knew what the tools were and how to use them.

Pitiful.
By 12 me and my friends disassembled and reassembled our dirt bikes 2 or 3 times a day swapping parts.

I HATE Bill Maher, but he complained of the "Feminization of America" 10 years ago and that's the only thing he ever said that was accurate.

Reactions: LeePTI and Chris
That's not end times, just the end of the John Wayne/Clint Eastwood self sufficient, meat eating male.

My daughter is 12. Her 6th grade class had an end-of-school project building soap box race cars. Supposed to encourage team work and communication.
They broke up into 5 member teams.
Her team was 3 boys, 2 girls.
My daughter and her friend led the team, did all the work and raced the car.
Why?
Because they could use the tools. I'm serious. 2 of the boys couldn't drive nails. When they failed at it, they cried and quit. Really.
They would miss a nail or mess up a line with the saw and start crying and go sit under a tree. Over and over again. One of them cried 13 times in a six hour period.
The third boy was a little fat dude who wouldn't do anything except play games on his phone.

My daughter and her friend were the only two on the team who knew what the tools were and how to use them.

Pitiful.
By 12 me and my friends disassembled and reassembled our dirt bikes 2 or 3 times a day swapping parts.

I HATE Bill Maher, but he complained of the "Feminization of America" 10 years ago and that's the only thing he ever said that was accurate.

Now if you said those boys were 6 years old, I would have cut them a lot of slack. However, the fact that they're 12 years of age and don't have basic skills like that... Well, that says a lot. The modern day generations (well, most of them at least) have too much reliance on technology, it's true.

Every so often Bill Maher says something I agree with. While I don't recall him talking about the feminization of America, I would say that he was dead on. I think that's what we're seeing now, although I might argue that men and women are switching roles. I can tell you for a fact that both of my daughters will grow up knowing how to fight, work on cars, fix things, and more. Simply because I'll teach them the skills I know.

That's probably more than most boys there age are going to know.

My 5 year old daughter had more fun helping me manipulate an orbital sander than she did riding her power wheel (which I wish I had had when I was 5).

Also, I wore a romper..

..in Iraq. :p With nothing on underneath because you can't really beat that level of comfort (flight suits for the win).

My 5 year old daughter had more fun helping me manipulate an orbital sander than she did riding her power wheel (which I wish I had had when I was 5).

Also, I wore a romper..

..in Iraq. :p With nothing on underneath because you can't really beat that level of comfort (flight suits for the win).

Haha, flight suits don't count. Neither do Ghost Buster outfits.

My 33yo son is having the time of his life and feeling more "manly" rehabbing his house. Learning details from YouTube. He could easily hire subs but he wants to do it himself. Pride, knowledge, self confidence. (He was a CJ owner in school grew up in the city private school.)

He is very blatant in stating that he sees more and more me his age and younger that are just plain "pussies". The older he gets, the more important manhood is to him.

Oh yeah, my 31yo daughter just recharged the AC on her Suburban while her 40yo "pussy" husband played a video game with his sons.

Teach them!!! Teach by example!
b385fbd767861c68468e77010cf56c06.jpg
e7225a6b7713f4b4cf3142cdb1373f73.jpg
30eb15c87e540ed0970dcb3f2c7e0f91.jpg

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

Oh yeah, my 31yo daughter just recharged the AC on her Suburban while her 40yo "pussy" husband played a video game with his sons.

Haha, sounds like you and your son-in-law probably don't have the best relationship :D

I'm with you though man. I've been slowing doing a lot of the remodeling on our house myself. Anything I didn't already know how to do, I've been learning from YouTube and searching the internet. None of it is really hard. The only thing I wouldn't trust myself with (that I would leave to a pro) is stuff like electrical.

Reactions: LeePTI
It saddens me the number of younger "men" I see that can't or won't do anything that may cause them to break a sweat or get dirty.

We sold a lawn mower recently. An attractive late 20s (?) lady showed to pick it up. I assumed she was single until she told us that she does all the yard work. Her "man" has allergies. She didn't seem happy about it. She kinda called him a faker and a puss herself.
I had a 30ish year old neighbor I never saw in anything but pajamas. He worked from home and often complained of being broke. But he paid the neighborhood kid $40 a pop to cut his grass because of his allergies.
Another younger neighbor lady came over while we were demolishing part of our deck. (When I say "we", I mean me, my wife and both daughters). She wistfully mentioned that she wished her husband could do stuff like that, but that he's the artistic type. She looked like she smelled poo when she said "artistic".

I could go on, but I might get mad and break something.

I will say one more thing. I had to assist giving a job related fitness test to some job applicants a few years ago. Out of 40, 32 were males mostly in their 20s
Note that I didn't type "men" there.
Of that 32 males, only 18 could do 25 push ups in less than a minute.
Not making that up.

PS Lee: Hug that man your son has become.

Reactions: Kyle_W and LeePTI
Oh and can anyone explain why these effeminate coffee sipping hipsters all want beards?
Seems backwards.

Last edited:
Seems the women who got a Metro Man or Puss the first time, go after a more "traditional male" the second time. Testosterone is not a bad thing...
[emoji41]

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

Oh and can anyone explain why these effeminate coffee sipping hipsters all want beards?
Seems backwards.

Haha, I've been trying to figure this out forever. Why are they sporting big beards, as if they have any manliness about them at all?

Back when there were stationary threshers the old timers would wear coveralls with nothing underneath so the chaff would just pass through, if you took that belt thing off I suppose the jumper would work the same way...
that's the most positive thing I can come up with.

B

Reactions: Chris
My wife taught herself to do drywall and wood trim repairs back when I used to work 10-12 hour days teaching UAVs because I just never had time to get them done myself. I do all of our vehicle maintenance, down to transmission rebuilds and minor body work & painting. I'm trying to teach my girls (4 & 5) about outdoorsy stuff and bugs. I say trying because they still scream a bit with bugs they're unfamiliar with. My oldest loves to help me do wood work and the youngest always plays in/on the Jeep or helps me when I'm fixing something on it.

Now I just need one of them to become an electrician of sorts to help me chase down some electrical gremlins in the Rubicon.

My neighbor, another former Infantry Marine, also does a lot of his own woodwork and works in a sheet metal shop by day. This is all, of course, a stark contrast to the Marine officers we live around. Most of which we've found out don't know how to do basic maintenance on their vehicles and have never had to cut their grass before due to living in base housing (and having the base take care of it, which I'll admit is nice).

The sad fact is that many children are raised solely by their mother. Many dads out there are too busy with trying to support their family. And many are not around to begin with. I will be there for my 2 sons and 2 daughters(which have been setting up their own tents since age 8) to show them these skills. I would have never had an interest in mechanics, survival, tools,guns or anything worth knowing if my father hadn't been there to raise me. I may have ended up a skinny jean wearing, latte drinking, vegan hipster. Thanks Pappy!

Sent from my NX16A11264 using Tapatalk