Does anyone have pics of what the stock isolators above the front bumpstop cups look like?

Is this what you're looking for? All stock, except for the springs (XJ) and jounce bumpers (Amazon).

Edit: Dunno why they're showing up twice.

IMG_6360.JPGIMG_6359.JPGIMG_6358.JPG

IMG_6359.JPG

IMG_6360.JPG

Anyone watching this thread have any experience to share on catalytic converters for the 2.5? Just posted a thread about it here.

Last edited:
I just picked up an 04, 4 banger, auto, to be used mainly as a round around/grocery store rig. Not going to go off roading, but maybe maintained fire roads. For those that do go off roading, do you disconnect your sway bar links?

Reactions: Wheeler
ok maybe something has been done to my 97 4 cyl. It's not sluggish on the highway and I have 33s. It's not exactly fast but I can get up to 80 mph easily and I find myself overtaking people.

Reactions: Blondie70
I just picked up an 04, 4 banger, auto, to be used mainly as a round around/grocery store rig. Not going to go off roading, but maybe maintained fire roads. For those that do go off roading, do you disconnect your sway bar links?
Yep; disconnecting the front sway bar links and airing down the tires when off road makes a huge difference - allows the tires and suspension to absorb and dissipate all the bumps. Even if I'm on pretty tame fire roads and don't need the extra traction that airing down provides, I'll still disconnect the sway bar up front for a much smoother ride. It's quick and easy if you have something like JKS Quicker Disconnects (or any of the other brands).

Last edited:
Reactions: pagrey
ok maybe something has been done to my 97 4 cyl. It's not sluggish on the highway and I have 33s. It's not exactly fast but I can get up to 80 mph easily and I find myself overtaking people.

It sure sounds like it. Have you checked to see if you still have original gearing? Maybe it was re-geared.

It sure sounds like it. Have you checked to see if you still have original gearing? Maybe it was re-geared.
I will find out pretty soon, it's going in for some upgrades in a week or so. If I remember correctly, I was doing 70mph at under 2000 rpm.

For those that do go off roading, do you disconnect your sway bar links?
You don't need disconnects, you can just remove the bolt and zip tie them up. If you like how it changes the ride then get disconnects so it's easy next time. If you don't notice a difference then forget about it. It really is that easy. I'm with @DaveC, it is nice when I am on the trail all day to have them disconnected but honestly I don't always take the time. It's not a black and white issue.

Reactions: billiebob and DaveC
It was done to mine by a friend - I was out of town. I think o'reilys or auto zone - whatever they said would fit. About 100 bucks if I remember correctly

It was done to mine by a friend - I was out of town. I think o'reilys or auto zone - whatever they said would fit. About 100 bucks if I remember correctly

Thanks. In the thread I linked, I ordered a very standard AC Delco, which various sites said would fit, but it didn't.

If you have a minute, I'd be interested to know whether yours has the same gap that mine does, as shown in the pics at the link.