SSTJ

———
Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

Someone stop me if this already exists, but I haven't found it, so here we go. If I keep this updated well enough, it can be a place where we collect links of relevant threads, and also the names of other members who are in this same SE boat.

General, Reference Info:

The Love–Hate Relationship:

On Engine Mods & Swaps:

On Engine Maintenance:

On Wheels and Tires:

On Gears and Transmissions:

On Suspension:

Some SE Build Threads:

Screenshots from Chris's Resource Sticky:

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 7.30.20 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 7.29.46 PM.jpg

... and for more (like transmissions), see here.

Last edited:
Great idea. I'll move this to the resources section. Keep adding to it, it's very helpful (y)

My 99 SE gives me all the joy I need!
31's, 1" Body lift, H&R Springs and some heavy duty armor underneath.
Can't even hear the piston slap if I turn the radio up! :rolleyes:

Reactions: SSTJ
Last edited:
I had a '92 XJ with a 2.5 and towed an 18' bow rider with it. They aren't a horrible motor until people add huge tires and a lift to them.

Ha, yes, I towed a 20' Grady White with mine (pretty heavy for its size), but only short distances and low speeds.

Reactions: RobertJ
Ha, yes, I towed a 20' Grady White with mine (pretty heavy for its size), but only short distances and low speeds.

I'll admit, it wasn't all that fun. After we upgraded to a '94 Grand Cherokee with a 5.2 it was a much more pleasurable experience. Not to mention that the XJ was a 4x2 and GC a 4x4. The XJ made boat ramps fun. LOL

Hi all,

Someone stop me if this already exists, but I haven't found it, so here we go. If I keep this updated well enough, it can be a place where we collect links of relevant threads, and also the names of other members who are in this same SE boat.

By "Stock SE", I mean that you're still driving the 2.5L or 2.4L engine (so this guy is out), and that you're running 31" tires or smaller (so you haven't re-geared), and that you have no more than a 1–1.5" lift (so your geometry is still stock). Other than that, I'd say anything goes.

To get things going, here are the best resources I've found so far. Most appear to be written by @StG58 , so maybe this post is just in his honor ...

Reference Info:

On Wheels and Tires:

The Love–Hate Relationship:

Some Stock SE Build Threads:

On Re-Gearing:
On Lifting:https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/lift-recommendations-for-4-cylinder.44860/

Screenshots from Chris's Resource Sticky:

View attachment 212000 View attachment 212002

View attachment 212001 View attachment 212003

So, who else is in a Stock SE, and what other resources should we add?
Hey @SSTJ ! Some SE 2.4L TJs like mine (2004) have the NV1500 manual 5 speed transmission!