The tail should not wag the dog

California is an "at will" employment state. You can be fired for any reason, or no reason, as long as it isn't illegal under state or federal law.

Then it seems like there's no legal protection for any sort of strike, which means that we're back to a situation of choice.

Well put.

Interesting to see where everybody is coming from, hope I was respectful and none of you are my boss right (or I am getting fired for sure)?
I’m guessing the majority of people share your view. Although I’m not one of them.
Now I obviously don’t know you or your work ethic so don’t read too much into my statement.

The whole protest makes no sense. the workers aren't protesting the company they work for, they are protesting the non profit company BCFS that is providing furniture (comfort) to illegal immigrants. they are essentially protesting the fact that there are detention camps and those camps are inhumane...

Here I thought they were protesting their own company trying to supply products to help those poor illegal immigrants.

I may not agree with the those idiots, but I will defend their right to walk out. I will also defend the companies right to fire every last one of them. Not due to the fact that they are staging a walk out, but due to the fact that they are too dumb to be employed.

I don't agree at all with the those idiots, but I do agree with you on all the rest.

I get what you are saying but workers do have this choice. They have the right to organize and make demands and hurt the bottom line, even push the company out of business. That's the law here until people change it.
Every thing you said is true. But why? Why hurt the business that feeds you. If you are unhappy use the energy to go elsewhere. I think people have forgotten, a business owes you nothing but pay for hours worked. Everyone wants to be the boss, wants the bosses pay, but doesn't want the responsibility or risk associated with being the boss.

It’s because we gave out participation awards and developed a land of youtube streamers. They simply get funded/supported by the other participation award winners in a constant pursuit of “likes” and Pulitzer’s!

They are banking on news media to make this a viral story, shamming the company into action. It ultimately hurts everyone’s bottom line in the company.

Well put.

Interesting to see where everybody is coming from, hope I was respectful and none of you are my boss right (or I am getting fired for sure)?
I'm fairly blunt when I feel disrespected and that hasn't happened yet in this thread. I also wouldn't fire you for your opinions. Having and sharing them is your right. If you worked for my company and walked out in protest over something like this, I may not be able to fire you instantly but you will be on the list of folks to be replaced as soon as there is any possibility of doing so.

I won't go to Starbucks anymore after the events a few years back when the police were called to remove the two gentlemen who were disrupting their establishment. The news media made a circus of it, got the manager of Starbucks fired and all of that... but this is the important part. As a political statement, Starbucks started refusing to serve police officers. Businesses should always stay out of politics. They will never get any of my money again

Reactions: Ericict and Chris
I won't go to Starbucks anymore after the events a few years back when the police were called to remove the two gentlemen who were disrupting their establishment. The news media made a circus of it, got the manager of Starbucks fired and all of that... but this is the important part. As a political statement, Starbucks started refusing to serve police officers. Businesses should always stay out of politics. They will never get any of my money again
They will never get my business because their coffee sucks! :p

They will never get my business because their coffee sucks! :p

I don't understand that either. People flock to Starbucks as if it's the greatest thing in the world. I don't get it though, because as you said, their coffee sucks (and that has nothing to do with my opinion of them as a company).

It’s because we gave out participation awards and developed a land of youtube streamers. They simply get funded/supported by the other participation award winners in a constant pursuit of “likes” and Pulitzer’s!

They are banking on news media to make this a viral story, shamming the company into action. It ultimately hurts everyone’s bottom line in the company.

What kills me more than anything is that supposedly reputable news outlets are now using Twitter as a source of news. Posting articles such as "Twitter users are outraged that _________________". Or "Donald Trump says ______________ and Twitter users clap back".

Absolutely blows my fucking mind. I'm sorry, but the moment you use Twitter (or YouTube) in your news articles, that's the moment I stop using you as a "news" source.

Reactions: B252 and HarleyMick
I wonder how many of those walking out are illegals themselves who were arrested and released pending a make believe hearing they don't show up for. How quickly welfare and compassion becomes entitlement.

If I break the law and enter a country unlawfully I am a criminal suspect until adjudicated. In too many places now that means instead of being deported I receive food and housing assistance, a driver's license and voter's registration.

I break the back of unions by working for less than a decent or even fair market wage. And then I get pissed off when some of my fellow criminals are nabbed and not housed in a Holiday Inn and walk off a job where my employer hired me illegally and can't do anything about it for fear of being reported.

If a U S citizen commits a crime and is arrested with children in tow the kids do not go to jail with the adult. They either go with a relative or child protective services.

No wonder people hike thousands of miles to crash our border. We coddle them.

Not sure what this has to do with my TJ, it was made by Canadians, eh?

I never buy there, not because it sucks but because it's too damn expensive and I have no idea what the hell I'm ordering. I mean what the hell is a Chai Creme Frappuccino Blended Creme? Sounds like a damn pastry or something.

Indeed. If I get coffee I want Colombian medium dark and not too strong. If I want a drink with a fancy assed name it had better have a main ingredient that is 80 proof. Keep the umbrella.

Reactions: B252
Indeed. If I get coffee I want Colombian medium dark and not too strong. If I want a drink with a fancy assed name it had better have a main ingredient that is 80 proof. Keep the umbrella.

Take two parts tequila, one part vodka, swirl them with an equal volume Coca-Cola, add a splash of fresh lime juice and throw a cherry on top for funsies, and hand it to someone else free of charge before retiring to bed with one of your own. Presto! You've made a perfect "Wayfair Walkout."

Take two parts tequila, one part vodka, swirl them with an equal volume Coca-Cola, add a splash of fresh lime juice and throw a cherry on top for funsies, and hand it to someone else free of charge before retiring to bed with one of your own. Presto! You've made a perfect "Wayfair Walkout."

If I could stand the smell of tequila that actually sounds quite refreshing.