The Ugly Duck (becoming the Bad Duck)

*CURRENTLY UPDATING POST AS I GO*

So here it is, I finally decided to put down some notes on the build.
6 months into ownership, and the ugly duck has come a long way, with more to come as well.
I’ll add pics throughout the post, best I can.

Started with an 02 wrangler sport, 4.0 5spd, Dana 44

Aside from a 3 inch teraflex set of springs and shocks, the Jeep was mostly stock. It had the transfer case lowered, 33x12.5 tires on some pretty beat up and non matching 15 inch rims. Tires were worn; top was kinda ratty, windshield full of cracks, and the inside was DIRTY. Dog hair galore as well.
Her steering was all over the place, very unstable and 55mph felt like 80. Brakes barely stopped. No death wobble though.
Frame has zero rust being an Arizona native, never in an accident and the body was straight, aside from normal rock chips on the front, even the Solar Yellow paint is pretty good overall. (I fell in love with the yellow at first sight)

She ran hot on the temp, but didn’t leak much oil, just the usual rear main and valve cover gasket as I’ve come to learn many so. The AC compressor was dripping oil regularly which explained why no air conditioning.
Oh and of course Check engine light was on- codes for evap canister and coolant temp sensor.
Nonetheless a straight body and solid frame, motor and trans felt healthy, I figured the potential was there.
So I asked her out on a first date and we ended up going home together.
Here are some pics from day one:

View attachment 334765

View attachment 334766

View attachment 334767

A few more months till it cools off, we gotta get you out to wheel it with us. Must get that rig dirty again.

Reactions: UglyDuck
A few more months till it cools off, we gotta get you out to wheel it with us. Must get that rig dirty again.

Boy and I’m looking forward to that also! Should be done with all the current shenanigans by then too. Can’t wait to try out the new lift.

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC
Welp, the transfer case is a wrap.

F78EF186-E285-437E-84AE-39D900D1C8F1.jpeg