The ugly vehicle thread

LOL I was thinking about the fact that you had said you owned one when I posted that. Sorry, brother. Nothing personal. My friends used to pick on me for my intense dislike of those vehicles. I guess I have issues... ;)
No worries, mate. I get it. I didn't like them for a long time. I bought it used...for some reason they grew on me. I'm kind of expecting the new JL truck to do the same. Right now, I kinda think its hideous. The proportions of the rear doors, bed and rear axle are off to me. I'm sure as I see more of them and it becomes more "normal," I'll get over that piece of it.

Reactions: Squatch
I had an Avalanche for 5 years. I loved the way the rear window and seats and cover would break down so you could fit more cargo in it. About 6 months into it I realized I shoulda bought a damn truck!! My wife ripped off the rear bumper and rear cladding more times than I can remember but all I did was pushed it back on... BONUS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Squatch and Kiwi TJ
Glad you survived without getting stuck in there in a crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, never crashed it … the glass broke due to a stone being flicked up.
Top end speed wasn't enough to cause any real damage anyway haha

Reactions: Jay P
Screenshot_20190108-183209_Gallery.jpg

I think AMC did more for the Aztek's image than GM's original marketing.

I can’t stop laughing at this thing! What kind of job would have you driving that thing:roflmao:
Yeah when they gave it to me I laughed thinking it was a joke ...then I realised they were serious haha
I worked for a electronics retail store...I delivered and installed TV's, Stereos and DVD's. The DVD bit gives away how long ago that was..... Snail by name and snail by nature, sooooo so slow.

never liked the chevy aztek...the rear tent option was cool but the front...:gaydude:
View attachment 71369

In my mind that Pontiac Aztec and a PT cruiser are some of the ugliest cars ever made, at least in the modern era

Honda Ridgeline is bad too, saw this in a 4x4 group
C010FCC5-0624-4175-9575-65E8B9FCDFD5.jpeg

Last edited:
Going European the Citroen cactus (and a lot of what Citroen make) is ugly and has stupid rubber door panels. I have a lot of opinions on this subject apparently haha

3FF67FA8-5564-4E06-A70D-2067ABD580E1.jpeg

Cadillac Cimarron - essentially an even uglier Cavalier with plusher seats.

1547055299709.png

1547055506823.png

1547055227350.png

Man, You're killing me Squatch...I loved this thing...but they were ugly. It was nice not needing to worry about door dings though.

View attachment 71414

LOL I was thinking about the fact that you had said you owned one when I posted that. Sorry, brother. Nothing personal. My friends used to pick on me for my intense dislike of those vehicles. I guess I have issues... ;)

Sorry @Mike_H , I gotta agree with @Squatch on this one. Anyone that puts that much plastic trim and cladding on a vehicle should be shot! Didn't they make newer ones that took away most of that side plastic? Those looked so much cleaner from what I recall.

Reactions: Squatch
Sorry @Mike_H , I gotta agree with @Squatch on this one. Anyone that puts that much plastic trim and cladding on a vehicle should be shot! Didn't they make newer ones that took away most of that side plastic? Those looked so much cleaner from what I recall.
I can't recall if they actually did away with the plastic body cladding, or if they just painted it body color. I think they actually did eliminate it, as you suggested. I do know that they finally went to the radiused wheel arches (ala Cadillac Escalade), instead of that hideous "flat across the top" design they started with. It was at that point that I started calming down about those vehicles...

Reactions: mots
For your viewing pleasure...

Yep, she's lifted!
1547078628947.png

Same owner...daily driver. Rear control arms on order.
1547078745010.png

This car looks sad...like it is just time for life to be over.
1547078570264.png

Renault put out some ugly ass vehicles...here is the Avantime.
1547079021186.png

1547078916578.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris and Kiwi TJ
Reactions: mots