The ultimate in garage decor!

toximus

I live in my Jeep
Supporting Member
I saw an ad for these and it was too hilarious not to share!

https://www.autoantlers.com/products/taxidermy-10-point/

aan-aao8_xh_xl.jpg

Right? I'd totally hang them on my wall, but I couldn't force myself to cough up $400 for a rack.

I'm right with you on all that. I'm also trying to get my head back together and am almost to the point of welding something again. I think I'll try to make one of these sometime this spring after a trip to a swap meet for some rusty headers. Yes I said rusty, it might be one of the few things that would look better rusty.

Where did you get the steel head?
Cabelas or bass pro, I think...It was pretty cheap. I bought it for my very first white tail I harvested, pretty spindly little 6 point that I just capped. All the rest of my bucks I've done European style, so it doesn't match. I did a quick search but didn't find it anymore...I'm sure They still make them though.

EDIT: Its called Do-All Iron Buck antler mount...Found it on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00194D72O/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Cabelas or bass pro, I think...It was pretty cheap. I bought it for my very first white tail I harvested, pretty spindly little 6 point that I just capped. All the rest of my bucks I've done European style, so it doesn't match. I did a quick search but didn't find it anymore...I'm sure They still make them though.

That is EXACTLY the same! I don't know how much one of these costs to make, but seeing that they get this part for ~$25, I don't see how the "headers" costs $375...

That is EXACTLY the same! I don't know how much one of these costs to make, but seeing that they get this part for ~$25, I don't see how the "headers" costs $375...
Well, if they are worth their salt as businessmen, they should be grossing 50% profit. Material is probably 50 to 60% of that so figure they have 175 into material, and 75 into labor. Throw in some overhead (I realize we're already over 50% gross profit) and you have your cost of goods sold. NOW, add in your sales and marketing budget, Admin, Finanace, etc and you'll burn up another couple hundred bucks. If they are doing really well, they make 15% net (after SG&A and COGS)...that is about 75 bucks for every part sold. Manufacturing is an expensive way to make money.

Well, if they are worth their salt as businessmen, they should be grossing 50% profit. Material is probably 50 to 60% of that so figure they have 175 into material, and 75 into labor. Throw in some overhead (I realize we're already over 50% gross profit) and you have your cost of goods sold. NOW, add in your sales and marketing budget, Admin, Finanace, etc and you'll burn up another couple hundred bucks. If they are doing really well, they make 15% net (after SG&A and COGS)...that is about 75 bucks for every part sold. Manufacturing is an expensive way to make money.

How does a real header cost less? Seems that would deal with a lot more R&D and warranty related returns.

How does a real header cost less? Seems that would deal with a lot more R&D and warranty related returns.
I don't have any idea...I was just making up numbers based on what I know about manufacturing. I also don't know the market on Headers...They do need to be finished or polished or something and that always adds cost. They also might be trying to make a bunch of money due to uniqueness or the fact that its "art."

Thanks!