The Ultimate Jeep Road Trip

Van

Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
This isn't TJ-specific but still worth mentioning for its coolness factor. Any for anyone interested in overlanding to the extreme. Would you like to do a world-wide expedition in an JKUR? There's a couple from NZ that are doing just that. They started in Alaska last year, drove through North and South America, shipped their Jeep, Gunther, to Africa and have traveled north, just recently crossing the Arctic Circle again. Plans are to travel through Russia, India, China, SE Asia, Australia, and finish in NZ in Dec 2020.

They've upgraded Gunther a few times, most recently to better prepare it for Arctic temps. Obviously resources are not a problem for them.

They have some amazing photos and videos (some really cool drone footage). I follow them on Instagram, but they also have a website (look in the Gallery section). Check them out at expeditionearth.live and enjoy.

Those pictures are insane. Especially those Africa shots, I would have given anything to have my Jeep during my 2 years there. Absolutely beautiful.

Must be nice to have endless resources too...

Curious what exactly do you do when you return from a trip like that? I think i'd go a little bit insane myself. Back to the grind? Dealing with assholes in traffic, crowded supermarkets, noisy neighbors? I think what they are experiencing is complete overload of a sense of adventure.

I googled Topher Richwhite, and he's the son of a New Zealand investment banker. So his idea of "back to the grind" is somewhat different than ours! But I have really enjoyed following their travels and have certainly increased my knowledge of world geography! They have been very strategic in their route planning and have seen some beautiful parts of the world and have shared it with the rest of us in dramatic fashion! Apparently they just completed Leg 2 of their expedition, ending at the northern tip of Norway. Guess they'll fly home for the holidays and start Leg 3 in January.

I’ve often thought about driving from northern Alaska to the southern tip of South America.

it’s quite daunting when you think about the resources needed,

even more so when you start thinking about issues that may arise.

Maximo Kausch is a climber in South America on pace to climb each peak above 6k meters.

while I was watching his Red Bull documentary on the quest his Jeep TJ had the rear window smashed out and they stole one of the climbing bags. just happened to be the bag with all the resources in it. Probably why it was inside the vehicle.

hellooooo Bridgette :love:
Overall very cool, I'm also following them on the insta as well. Pretty awesome to follow along, though not super realistic for us average joe's. If only I had a budget like that..

Reactions: Apparition