The unfortunate Gladiator of the day thread

Ride of the Millennium Winner

c229f65f-e791-4932-bc73-a2a3c1fe4fb4-jpeg.jpg

Stopped and checked out new Gladiators sitting on a dealer's lot. Even stock looks better than these. I have always liked a dual 4X4/pick up truck as I once had an Int'l. Scout II. If I had the funds I would seriously look at a Gladiator.

I stopped by a lot too and I saw the Overland version which is equivalent of a Sahara. BOOOOOORRRRRIIIINNNNGGGG, I would trade it in if it was given to me. The Rubi is better and I've seen some very tasteful builds. The four door is not my cup of tea HOWEVER the upcoming two is pretty sharp IMO.

I stopped by a lot too and I saw the Overland version which is equivalent of a Sahara. BOOOOOORRRRRIIIINNNNGGGG, I would trade it in if it was given to me. The Rubi is better and I've seen some very tasteful builds. The four door is not my cup of tea HOWEVER the upcoming two is pretty sharp IMO.

View attachment 99808
Oh hell yeah!! That’s nice. But would still rather have a JL than that.

Reactions: mgroeger
As far as the white truck pictured. If those wheels were some tasteful 16 or 17 inch WHITE wheels with 35’s and a 2” lift I would dig it. Love white wheels on white vehicles. I know I’m very much in the minority on that.

Reactions: Sancho
Mu understanding is that jeep said it would never happen. Did that change?

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.
I dont recall them saying it would never happen. IIRC they stated if there was enough interest they would consider building it.

I wrote to Jeep/FCA and told them I really liked the J6 concept and wished they would build/offer a production version.

If enough people wrote in, we would have a much better chance at owning one.

Reactions: reddvltj
One of the Jeep engineers was on Dirt Every Day and he made it very clear that they will not build a two door version as two door trucks simply don’t sell. They seem to be popular with “enthusiasts”, but not with the general buying population.

One of the Jeep engineers was on Dirt Every Day and he made it very clear that they will not build a two door version as two door trucks simply don’t sell. They seem to be popular with “enthusiasts”, but not with the general buying population.

Soccer moms and dads have no use for them 🤭

Reactions: reddvltj
As far as the white truck pictured. If those wheels were some tasteful 16 or 17 inch WHITE wheels with 35’s and a 2” lift I would dig it. Love white wheels on white vehicles. I know I’m very much in the minority on that.

I'm with ya. I'd remove the rubi sticker also.

A two door version wouldn't sell enough to make producing it worth it.

I'd be shocked if they actually made a 2-door version. I'd be willing to bet they won't.

4-doors are what the masses want.

A two door version wouldn't sell enough to make producing it worth it.

I'd be shocked if they actually made a 2-door version. I'd be willing to bet they won't.

4-doors are what the masses want.

If a 2 door Gladiator is even on the horizon, it will be a few years down the road once the 4 door has shown itself to be sufficiently profitable. Until then, we will be treated to years of unending rumors and speculation.

Reactions: Alex01 and Chris
Thanks. Ill have to watch some more of their episodes.

The number one truck configuration sold in the us is the quad cab. In fact GM set a factory up just for producing that style cab due to high sells.