The unfortunate Gladiator of the day thread

I think the truck would look better with a narrower second row maybe side jump seats instead of the full size seats. I think 6.5 ft extended cab with fold up jump seats would be sweet.

The second row just looks to wide to me. Almost like a rebadged hummer. Don’t get me wrong I’d take one if I won the lottery but 60k is completely insane for the bed size and towing capacity of the truck. I’m glad jeep designed a truck for the baby boomers.

Now here’s a Gladiator configuration that I wasn’t aware of. Just found it. Maybe a Scramblerator. Might sell, Americans buy anything. What do you think?
EF38A101-6C64-4700-B35B-29F6BB18846A.jpeg
09D359E2-6D5B-42FD-B6EE-ADA04151F72B.jpeg

The one I looked at week ago, is still at the local dealership. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't sold.

The wife was in the car when I drove by the dealer, and she wasn't impressed with the Gladiator. She asked me wouldn't Jeep people just buy a Ram or other traditional truck.

View attachment 102806
I ask myself the same question. They are dam near giving the new Ram 1500s away https://www.elkgrovedodge.net/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-094ef2480a0e0a170104343b21fae2bc.htm

Reactions: Starrs and zebra12
Got bored at work the other day, found a line drawing of a Gladiator online and ran up a quick sketch of what an "extra cab" version might look like, with a longer bed and a mild lift. Still a looong wheelbase, but the proportions look a little better (maybe). Never gonna happen, but...

jeep-gladiator.jpg

Neal, nice drawing. Thats what I was thinking, cab and a half with half doors and fold down side seats in the back but I would shorten the bed a little more.

Got bored at work the other day, found a line drawing of a Gladiator online and ran up a quick sketch of what an "extra cab" version might look like, with a longer bed and a mild lift. Still a looong wheelbase, but the proportions look a little better (maybe). Never gonna happen, but...

View attachment 105098
Soccer 'rents don't buy extended cab P/U's, so there is no profit in it for FCA. Based on the number of these I see on the local dealer lots, sales are pretty slow- with the Tacoma, Colorado, Frontier and now Ranger, a $50K Jeep doesn't make sense.

View attachment 105098
Here's a rendering someone did when rumors of a jeep pickup started circulating.

2005-jeep-gladiator-concept.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: TJ Starting
A two door version wouldn't sell enough to make producing it worth it.

I'd be shocked if they actually made a 2-door version. I'd be willing to bet they won't.

4-doors are what the masses want.
They did build one for Easter Jeep Safari, that's also where the Scrambler labeled one showed up
.@Baltimoreed

jeep-j6-concept_100697084_h.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I knew about that one. I just am skeptical it would ever make it to production. Guess we'll see!
I wasn't sure if you had seen it or not... I'm right there with you on the skepticism... I'd probably do some sketchy things to afford one if they did!!!

I wasn't sure if you had seen it or not... I'm right there with you on the skepticism... I'd probably do some sketchy things to afford one if they did!!!

I'll admit, that 2-door version looks good.

I've been seeing a lot of them on the streets around here and they are just so long it's horrible.

I'll admit, that 2-door version looks good.

I've been seeing a lot of them on the streets around here and they are just so long it's horrible.
Well if they don't go into production with it, maybe AEV will be able to start a conversion based off of the J6 concept???