The unfortunate JKU & JLU of the day thread

I had the unfortunate pleasure of working on one these piles today for a buddy's girlfriend.

Temp gauge was all over the place. After talking some things through over the phone I could tell both my buddy and his girl were hopeless and couldn't even get the radiator cap off so I came over.

Needed a new water pump. Leaking out of the gasket and the weep pretty badly. Picked up the parts needed and got to work. Plus side was that is was super easy to remove the water pump.

Two seconds after looking into the engine bay I could see the thing was seeping oil out of every place it possibly could. Oh....and then I had a good laugh and asked if it she special ordered it. (She bought this new in 08) yeah...it was 2WD.

View attachment 226679
I wish my Grand Caravan 3.8 pointed forward like the JKs. Changing the water pump on my van was brutal.

Are gladiators allowed in this thread? This is the kind of crap i see where i live.

20210301_140319.jpg

I had the unfortunate pleasure of working on one these piles today for a buddy's girlfriend.

Temp gauge was all over the place. After talking some things through over the phone I could tell both my buddy and his girl were hopeless and couldn't even get the radiator cap off so I came over.

Needed a new water pump. Leaking out of the gasket and the weep pretty badly. Picked up the parts needed and got to work. Plus side was that is was super easy to remove the water pump.

Two seconds after looking into the engine bay I could see the thing was seeping oil out of every place it possibly could. Oh....and then I had a good laugh and asked if it she special ordered it. (She bought this new in 08) yeah...it was 2WD.

View attachment 226679
Next task, a new TPIM. The pile stared going into alarm, with the wipers, wiper fluid, and heater blower activated randomly...with no keys in the ignition.

• Sad
Reactions: reddvltj
Not sure what’s worse, the grill or the bumper

View attachment 234504
Man, that front end is jacked-up. Is this from some kind of wrecking yard? Look how "off" everything is. The headlight, hood and grill alignment, bumper...that is someone else's headache being put on the market. And fuuuugly!!!