The unfortunate JKU & JLU of the day thread

8B3F3458-AA3C-4D42-83C6-C2BECD20D2C1.jpeg

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I had the unfortunate pleasure of working on one these piles today for a buddy's girlfriend.

Temp gauge was all over the place. After talking some things through over the phone I could tell both my buddy and his girl were hopeless and couldn't even get the radiator cap off so I came over.

Needed a new water pump. Leaking out of the gasket and the weep pretty badly. Picked up the parts needed and got to work. Plus side was that is was super easy to remove the water pump.

Two seconds after looking into the engine bay I could see the thing was seeping oil out of every place it possibly could. Oh....and then I had a good laugh and asked if it she special ordered it. (She bought this new in 08) yeah...it was 2WD.

20210215_145243.jpg

I had the unfortunate pleasure of working on one these piles today for a buddy's girlfriend.

Temp gauge was all over the place. After talking some things through over the phone I could tell both my buddy and his girl were hopeless and couldn't even get the radiator cap off so I came over.

Needed a new water pump. Leaking out of the gasket and the weep pretty badly. Picked up the parts needed and got to work. Plus side was that is was super easy to remove the water pump.

Two seconds after looking into the engine bay I could see the thing was seeping oil out of every place it possibly could. Oh....and then I had a good laugh and asked if it she special ordered it. (She bought this new in 08) yeah...it was 2WD.

View attachment 226679

That engine looks like it's radioactive... lol.