The unfortunate TJ of the day thread

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/471806210483819/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=undefined
142174661_243226757391064_937360633720694416_o.jpg

Get rid of the stupid wheels and clear signal lenses and I'd rock that.
along with the xrc bumper, and switch red flares to black flares. other than that I actually kinda like it too, (not the wheels obv) Where in the world did they make/get that hardtop. Ive seen it only once before, is it common?

along with the xrc bumper, and switch red flares to black flares. other than that I actually kinda like it too, (not the wheels obv) Where in the world did they make/get that hardtop. Ive seen it only once before, is it common?
The top is made by GR8 Tops, and was designed by our own JSherb. I've seen one and the're not bad. There isn't much room behind it though.

Reactions: Blondie70 and D M
The top is made by GR8 Tops, and was designed by our own JSherb. I've seen one and the're not bad. There isn't much room behind it though.
Yeah that's pretty impressive. I cant imagine a taller person using it like you said with the space. I cant justify my need for one either with the price tag. Still cool though!

I guess that guy really wanted to hide his winch.

Got to love the addition of the diamond plate. Words can't describe the way I feel about diamond plate. I can't stand the sight of that stuff on cars and trucks.
100%. The PO of my TJ put it on the fenders. I'm desperate to take it off but he drilled it straight into the fender so It's going to need a bit of work if I take it off.

• Wow
  • Face Palm
Reactions: Modoc Guy and Chris
I guess that guy really wanted to hide his winch.

Got to love the addition of the diamond plate. Words can't describe the way I feel about diamond plate. I can't stand the sight of that stuff on cars and trucks.
In defense of this guy, putting diamond plate on your vehicle is just more efficient than going door-to-door to tell everyone that you're white trash. (I can say this because I am white trash, though not diamond plate white trash)

I haven't figured out what I want for them. They are still shrink-wrapped from the PO, but I assume they are as nice as the rest of the factory paint. I think shipping would probably be crazy expensive. If you want to make a couple of calls, I'm sure we could come to a price.

Reactions: JM_TJ
Unfortunate? Or not? You decide:
View attachment 231337
Technically a DJ, but still...
I actually find these projects pretty cool.

There are going to be a lot of Grumman LLVs for sale in the near future. I wonder what people are going to do with them? I imagine they could look cool as tiny RVs, or even jacked up and put on 40s

Unfortunate? Or not? You decide:
View attachment 231337
Technically a DJ, but still...
I love the creativity, and it's clearly not an offroad vehicle. That air filter housing is inspired, and it just needs a 2" chop to the top and those fender-mounted turn signals to kill it. Kudos for the Gambler front wheels as well, and for keeping the straight six but I bet you need some serious hearing protection to drive that thing, especially with that metal hard top. Plus, I know it's just the lack of skill of the photographer, but it looks pretty humorous with the blue tent hat and the flag pole snorkel.

Last edited:
How well does it seal out water?
I’ve not seen any leaks but I haven’t removed it since it was installed [don't plan to ever take it off]. I only run hard doors but I do have a set of half doors for when it warms up. Even with the spacers under the seat I still have plenty of head room. My first jeep was a Scrambler so I really like the halfcab look.

Reactions: Hopper and Vasq