The unfortunate TJ of the day thread

When I bought my YJ I did not notice that the spare was one size smaller. That is until I got a flat 200 mi south of the border in Baja. Bought a new set of tires when I got back home. I checked the spare size first thing when i got the TJ.

Spotted in Downtown Louisville KY with Florida plates

8DCB8488-71F4-42FD-AD7F-5581DA6A413B.jpeg

When I bought my YJ I did not notice that the spare was one size smaller. That is until I got a flat 200 mi south of the border in Baja. Bought a new set of tires when I got back home. I checked the spare size first thing when i got the TJ.
My TJ came with a locking nut on the spare. But didn't come with the key.

Of course, I didn't find out until I had a flat up in the mountains and had to use the jack to jam a sacrificial socket onto the locking nut. Lesson learned.

My LJ came with a lock on the spare. Something I didn't discover until I took off the canvas cover almost a half year after I bought it. Jeep came with a lock on the trailer hitch and a couple of different keys. Tried all the keys and none of them worked on the spare lock so made an appointment with a locksmith to try and have a key made. He looked at the lock and said he wasn't sure he could make a key to fit but had I tried the ignition key?? I went DUH, no I hadn't. Tried the key and Voila unlocked the tire and the key worked on the unlocked gas cap as well. He said I was lucky as often the ignition/master key or the lock is aftermarket and has been changed so you're left with a hack saw as a solution.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and RINC
Sold for $6,600.00 Aside from the HIDIOUS body kit, it was a pretty clean Jeep?!? He definitely made sure he took enough pics and pointed out all the blemishes....
That’s what CarsAndBids really tries to emphasize is having tons of pictures and any blemishes well documented. It’s rare to see an auction with less than 100 photos and not uncommon for them to have over 200 photos. Most post a few videos with a walk around, cold start, and a driving video.

• Wow
Reactions: RINC and reddvltj
Other than the aftermarket headlights - it does not look that bad till the pink lights are turned on. I honestly do wonder (a little) if they are not rbg's and that is just the most offensive color.

Reactions: John Cooper