The unfortunate TJ of the day thread

It looks like an attempt to make a TJ8, but with a TJ cab for some reason.
screenshot_20230119-200810-png.393486

1981-jeep-cj8-scrambler-4-x-4.jpg

Reactions: inkedrose
Did you stretch your top (image) to make it fit?
It looks longer than an LJ.

I didn't measure, but I think that strange Jeep is a little less than halfway between an LJ and a CJ-8 in length, so I stretched the parts I drew a little bit beyond the length of the LJ top.

Turning that Jeep into something less of an eyesore by putting a custom length Safari Cab on it is very possible. The Safari Cab hardtop is designed so that it can easily be built in different lengths - after Gr8Tops licensed the design from me and put the LJ version in production, they also put a TJ version in production. I've also got a prototype Safari half cab sitting in my basement, and also parts have here for an extended half cab. A range of different lengths was part of the original design...

SafariVariants.jpg

I always wanted to build one for a CJ-8 ;)

DieselJeepSafari.jpg

I didn't measure, but I think that strange Jeep is a little less than halfway between an LJ and a CJ-8 in length, so I stretched the parts I drew a little bit beyond the length of the LJ top.

Turning that Jeep into something less of an eyesore by putting a custom length Safari Cab on it is very possible. The Safari Cab hardtop is designed so that it can easily be built in different lengths - after Gr8Tops licensed the design from me and put the LJ version in production, they also put a TJ version in production. I've also got a prototype Safari half cab sitting in my basement, and also parts have here for an extended half cab. A range of different lengths was part of the original design...

View attachment 393670

I always wanted to build one for a CJ-8 ;)

View attachment 393671

1 of each please!!

Reactions: reddvltj
I've seen some iterations of the Grand Cherokee WJ pickup that don't look half bad.

Still not great but not terrible.

I'm sure with the 4.7 HO V8 it would move quite nicely.

My 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland with the HO was quite a hoot to drive.

Reactions: TheBoogieman