The Walking Dead Thread

Oh, I'm so sorry. I watched the first 4 seasons and finally gave up after the show continued to suck and go nowhere. I know A LOT of people like it, but I just hate, hate, hate this show. I keep expecting it to go somewhere, but it doesn't. There's no real suspense other than who will kill who next, that's it. No back story on the zombie outbreak or why it happened, nothing.

Now if you want to watch a similar type of show, watch, "The Strain". I feel like it's a similar premise, but it gets into a lot of detail, an overarching mythology, etc.

Like I said, I gave TWD a chance by watching 4 seasons, but I couldn't take it anymore after that.

Some of favorite shows are as follows (in no particular order):

1) Fargo
2) Mr Robot
3) Game of Thrones (obvious)
4) Broadchurch
5) Sons of Anarchy
6) Twin Peaks (an oldie, but such a goody)

Reactions: MikeM
Tomorrow night it's ON!
Best show going. Who else watches?
Love it!, can't wait...
Not a huge fan of FearTWD, though i'm curious about this crossover episode i've been hearing about.

NEEGAN!!!! Lol we are all neegan. I love TWD now that neegan has added a new dimension to the plot. It was getting stale and tired, but now I'm hooked again. GOT (thrones) is still my favorite show, but TWD is good again imo.

Wife and I are following, although I get irritated at the length of time between seasons. they wait too long. I like that it's mindless entertainment and don't have to think hard at the plot. Z nation is a fav too. Totally mindless and I love it!

I was a fanatic until mid last season. It just lost me with the same ol "Neegan wins again" theme. I am watching FTWD and it is pretty damn good.

I started watching it season one and was hooked. I started getting bored with it about season 3 when it started to be more like a soap opera instead of an action/horror story. Who's sleeping with who, who's having an emotional crisis etc. Like the entire episode wasted on Morgan living in a cabin with a monk dude or some ****. Stupid. I recall going full episodes without even seeing a walker a time or two. I eventually also got tired of the cheap shots and fan torture. Goofy season ending cliff hangers, killing off characters just for shock value etc.
I tried recording it and skipping over the the long, dull suspense building scenes and soap opera stuff. I eventually realized I was only watching about 15 minutes of an hour and fifteen minute episode.

Glen getting his head bashed in as grossly as possible after his fake death-cliff hanger the season before was the end for me.

I haven't bothered with it since then. I may record it tonight since I understand this season there is supposed to be more action.

I was also a fan of Talking Dead when it was funny. Until it turned into a televised counseling/group therapy session with the actors coming on to talk about how terribly hard it is to pretend to be somebody else. They started taking that **** way too seriously.

I watched about 4 episodes of FTWD until I realized I REALLY hated every character on the show and was REALLY pulling for the walkers to eat every one of them.

Last edited:
I watched about 4 episodes of FTWD until I realized I REALLY hated every character on the show and was REALLY pulling for the walkers to eat every one of them.

o_O

IMG_3310.JPG

Reactions: JMT
Is that the whiny, surly, stereotypical teenage daughter character?
Yeah, hated her too.
Not as much as the mean, "tough" mom character or the dope addict son or weak sissy dad character though.

What the hell.

For pete's sake shoot the mofo once and for all. How many times are we going to have him at gunpoint and either not shoot him or shoot and miss by 12 feet.

Even the priest had a close range shot and just stood there shaking and allowing Negan to walk a few feet.

This is probably the worst episode I have seen in all 8 seasons. I was actually ready to turn it off.

Geez.....

Reactions: Kevin E
What the hell.

For pete's sake shoot the mofo once and for all. How many times are we going to have him at gunpoint and either not shoot him or shoot and miss by 12 feet.

Even the priest had a close range shot and just stood there shaking and allowing Negan to walk a few feet.

This is probably the worst episode I have seen in all 8 seasons. I was actually ready to turn it off.

Geez.....
Well said.

They had all the leadership of the Saviors out in plain sight. About a hundred weapons aimed at them....and let them walk. Dumb.

Reactions: Kevin E
The Walking Dead had an excellent first season. I understand they halfed the budget and at the same time ordered twice as many episodes for season 2. The show has turned into a really bad soap opera with no direction or end game insight. Fear the walking dead spin-off is genuinely frustrating to watch but the later seasons have improved

Reactions: CodaMan