The want is strong with this one

FF_Jeep

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
It's not a Jeep or a Chevy but... it's amazing. I saw this van for the first time back in November. It's at a local diesel shop getting a tune. Owner is from out of state and hasn't picked it up yet. Saw it again today when taking Xmas trash/recycling out for mom.
IMG_1381.JPG

IMG_1382.JPG

IMG_2123.JPG

It's not a Jeep or a Chevy but... it's amazing. I saw this van for the first time back in November. It's at a local diesel shop getting a tune. Owner is from out of state and hasn't picked it up yet. Saw it again today when taking Xmas trash/recycling out for mom. View attachment 9080
View attachment 9081
View attachment 9082

Well, it's got a lot of ground clearence going for it. Probably good for camping or overland type traveling. Not so much for tight trails. There's a couple a few streets over from me that has a ford van like this (without the diesel or the dually). Solid front axle and 3/4 ton running gear. They use it for camping.

Reactions: Chris
It's got to be a full custom job. Hard enough to find an E350 with 4wd and that's not even thinking about the dually sides. Definitely not a trail rider.. I think it came from the Midwest.

I'm just not sure what you'd use that for. Even for something like overland, it seems like it might be a bit much, no?

It sure looks cool though!

It's got to be a full custom job. Hard enough to find an E350 with 4wd and that's not even thinking about the dually sides. Definitely not a trail rider.. I think it came from the Midwest.

It makes me wonder if its a F450 or F550 frame and running gear. Something a utility company would run with a bucket on it. And I agree, it has to be a custom truck. I think those are 20" wheels

Yep, seems like maybe they took the Econoline body off and put it on a F-450 frame, or something like that.

They're at least 22.5s if not 24s. Could still possibly be a 350 chassis... 10 lug conversions are pretty common around here. 1 in 10 lawn crews have them on their tow pigs around here.

That's neat!
We get a lot of "Beach Vans" around here that are set up similarly, with good clearance etc... But, I like the look of this custom truck conversion!

That is cool-looking, although I would worry a bit about the departure angle. Somebody obviously put a lot of money and work into it. Not like the rusty old Ford Aerostar van 4x4 conversion I saw the other day - beyond fugly! No pics, my brain went into emergency shutdown and all I could think of was "Run away! Run away!"

Reactions: Chris and FF_Jeep
@Neal I just started following your build thread. Love the LJ and the diy projects. After this winter I'm planning on a similar box for the back of mine.

Ah, my influence is growing... My next project - WORLD DOMINATION! BWAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously, though, thanks for the support. I really enjoy coming up with ideas, and it's even better when they work!

Reactions: FF_Jeep and Chris