These asshats and their JKUs!

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Seriously, 70k!?

People are so fucking stupid. Anyone who would pay 70k for a JKU is a complete and total moron. You know what they say, "a fool and his money are soon parted".

Nothing against JKUs, I think they're very nice. However, some of the jacked up prices I'm seeing for them lately is just absurd.

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 3.16.49 PM.png

Reactions: Brantley
Lol. I see stuff like this all the time, it's crazy. Gotta love the "nose" on the grill, right? Bet that adds 5 grand all by itself.

This isn't JK related but I saw a TJ for sale the other day for $18,000. The specs?

1997 4.0, stock 3.07 gears, Rough Country lift, stock brakes, 35s on stock wheels, stock Dana 35, stock steering, with a light bar on the windshield and it had like 210,000 miles. The miles don't really bother me too much but the rest of that jeep sure did.

I understand people don't want to be low balled, but that's just ridiculous pricing, and then the JK is on a whole nother level of ridiculousness when it comes to what some of them ask such as you what you showed in your picture.

Reactions: JP13 and Chris
Yes, I've seen ridiculously priced TJs like you mentioned, but the JK guys are taking it to an entirely new level.

I'm sorry, but even as much as I love the Wrangler, there is no way on earth that one of these things is worth 70k. Hell, even if you've swapped a Hellcat engine into it, it's still not worth 70k if you ask me... It's a friggin' Jeep!

The crazy thing is that there's probably morons out there who have more money than they know what to do with, and they are stupid enough to pay 70k. Sheesh!

New ones are stupid priced. Even used here in CA are expensive. They are either rusted out, "Rubiconed" out, have a butt ton of miles, or a combo of those. Used ones with 150k & pretty trashed are asking 8k or more.

Reactions: Chris
I think that even 44k for a brand new JKU Rubicon from the dealer is a bit absurd as well. Soon they're going to be 50k for a brand new one, which is stupid, because that's 1/4 of a house purchase in most cases.

Reactions: MikeM
I think that even 44k for a brand new JKU Rubicon from the dealer is a bit absurd as well. Soon they're going to be 50k for a brand new one, which is stupid, because that's 1/4 of a house purchase in most cases.

For $50k you can get a nice house with some property here in the U.P.

Serious?

Wow... And all I have to put up with is sweltering hot summers and insanely cold winters?

Housing is fairly cheap here. Lake property not so cheap.
Vehicles aren't cheap either. I know a guy that bought a $75k truck and lives in a house worth about $20k.

Housing is fairly cheap here. Lake property not so cheap.
Vehicles aren't cheap either. I know a guy that bought a $75k truck and lives in a house worth about $20k.

Wow! That's crazy good house prices though. Oh the things I could do with the leftover money!!!

If people are willing to pay these ridiculous prices, I'll sell my LJ for $40,000 after I finish its Jurassic Park build. Then I'll buy a LJ Rubicon and slap the Jurassic Park gear on it. Lol

My wife got a 2016 Rubicon jku this spring,I've got to tell you it's a really nice driving vehicle, that being said there's an awful lot of electronics to deal with compared to my tj.

Reactions: MikeM and Chris
My wife got a 2016 Rubicon jku this spring,I've got to tell you it's a really nice driving vehicle, that being said there's an awful lot of electronics to deal with compared to my tj.

I love the way the JKUs drive. However, like you said, it's a ton of electronics when compared to my TJ. That's all good and fun until it breaks!