They grow up so fast

1515art

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Congratulation to all the graduates and parents, Seems like only been a short while since she was building cushion forts with the living room sofa, serving tea parties and making me wait in line so she could get every princess autograph for her book at Disneyland. Now she’s going so far away out of the country for the next 4 years, first 2 in Shanghai the second 2 years in France, I’ve sent 3 others off into the world but it never gets easy seeing them go off, even though you spend all you have trying to do just that, At least she’s about as far away as possible from the liberal mill of so many universities here.
356D12B5-BAEA-48CE-9FC2-1EF06ED76B28.jpeg

Congrats to her! The time does go by fast, and mine are still young. Kind of makes you wish they would stay at home forever, huh? Are oldest is done with kindergarten on Wednesday and moving on to 1st grade. But even then, that got me all choked up!

Reactions: 1515art
Congrats to the Fam !
Are y’all empty nesters now ?
Thank you, Basically, but are you really ever completely freeo_O.
Congrats to her! The time does go by fast, and mine are still young. Kind of makes you wish they would stay at home forever, huh? Are oldest is done with kindergarten on Wednesday and moving on to 1st grade. But even then, that got me all choked up!
Thanks Chris, So true my wife has driven her to flute lessons, zither lessons, sports coaches, singing, dancing, art... I’ll stop here but the list could go on and on while living in her car driving to all these things, my wife is what you’d call involved. She began teaching our daughter how to write in Chinese when she was only two now she can read and write fluently in Mandarin, Shaneese (sp?) and French, even when our daughter was only 5 she acted in many ways like an adult, it’ was super cute coming from this tiny girl.

You have a great family and a long way to go, but it’ll go by in a blink, good thing it’s OK for us guys to show some emotion now days even respected as a sign of strength to shed a tear of two while showing our soft side in the right situation, I showed a strength today myself:)

Cheers to the little ones graduation, one of many to come!

Congrats to all of you! Shanghai is incredible. What university is she going to? Last time i was over there we spent 4 or 5 days at Tongji university. It was beautiful.

Reactions: 1515art
Congrats to all of you! Shanghai is incredible. What university is she going to? Last time i was over there we spent 4 or 5 days at Tongji university. It was beautiful.
Thanks a lot, OK, Strange as it may sound I don’t exactly know the name I’ll explain, not speaking much Chinese myself and my wife’s English is hmmm, actually hearing her you’d think it was really good, but she spends so much time working/speaking in Chinese it’s really hard for her to switch back and forth so her English gets confused and I often settle for other identifiers, I’ve probably heard the name but I suck at names in my own language and after a hundreds of Chinese names my brain doesn’t have a chance of keeping up. I’m told it’s the top university in Shanghai, but I’ve also been told stinky tofu and this rotten fish prized by many is delicious and it’s not, the school I’m sure is good. I know less about the French connection but based on what I know I believe equally good.

Ahhh, yes Shanghai do you go often? Were you on business or touring China? Shanghai is incredible if you can’t find it there it doesn’t exist the city is the size of a small country and dinner an expedition to excess in literally tens of thousands of places to eat, oh the hangovers and no means yes, no choice drinking is mandatory. I was there in the summer one time temps were in the 40’s on the goofy c thermometer it was hot as hell and we were out doing the usual with a dozen friends and as many bottles. I woke up feeling sick and the air conditioning was out in our condo, I headed down the elivator at 4AM to get a little fresh air and try to clear my head only to find out it was still over a 100 f outside, i limped back to bed a suffered then did it again a couple days later, I seldom drink here.

This is a short 30 second clip from one of my daughters zither performance in Beijing the music I’m guessing is a story of love and war just because most are, you should see her text o_O on her cell phone:).

I’m also fluent in cuss, why is it cuss words are so easy to remember? She can speak both equally well Cantonese was her 4th language a lot of her customers spoke only Cantonese so she had to learn. I’ve got a very good friend who has a shop in SF China Town he’s a designer and has a clothing store, I forget what street its on but just a short walk from the little park near the underground parking, Victor Tong Corture. My skull is being thick 1-10?

Last edited:
Reactions: Thunderhead

The school is a part of East China Normal University Shanghai and she’s enrolled in a new international division Asia Europe Business School. She went back and forth between going up to Washington, staying local and going to Santa Cruz, Chico was on her list and a few others. This program is a double major business and language this should set her up for some decent international employment opportunities.
My wife said Tongji is one of the very best schools and like you said a beautiful university, her school is similar level with the advantage of being an international program and partnering with an equally good French business school and admissions are more merit based than economic so the programs are more reasonably priced than our for profit institions.

I can count to 10 in Cantonese is all I was trying to say. Tooting my own horn
Doe,:coffee::) I need the slapping my head emote, of course it was late and, ha like me I suck at foreign language I think I’m borderline on the spectrum.

Reactions: Thunderhead