They never quit, do they?

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
I have a friend on FB. He manages to lose his phone and create a new account so we have to do that friend request bullshit about twice year. I get one from him yesterday. Accept and then I get the typical message from him.

1642606896174.png

1642606936091.png

1642606983602.png

1642607026515.png

1642607090463.png

Last edited:
I always find it interesting when scammers reply. Typically the first message is ok, but then the following messages are just grammatically horrible.

My sweet old grandmother has a facebook account and the last time I checked there were 6 other profiles with her name on it. She gets hacked all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
Well done!
You're probably not talking to a real person, they are probably bots.

It's always entertaining giving them a taste of their own medicine. With telemarketers I toy with them and play along. I usually say it sounds great and when they need info, I tell them I need a moment to get it and set the phone down for a few minutes. After a few of those they hang up and they definitely will take you off their call list!

Reactions: Cornbread
Well done!
You're probably not talking to a real person, they are probably bots.

It's always entertaining giving them a taste of their own medicine. With telemarketers I toy with them and play along. I usually say it sounds great and when they need info, I tell them I need a moment to get it and set the phone down for a few minutes. After a few of those they hang up and they definitely will take you off their call list!
I’m still yet to find one who will extend the warranty on my 450,000 mile vehicle. They generally either ask if I have another vehicle or they hang up on me.

Hate em.
Sometimes I have time to mess with them though. Last good one I had was trying to buy a '74 Sportser I had for sale and sent the check to my home at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in DC, 3 times.
Told him I couldn't return his funds because I donated it to the Little Sisters of Mendacity for a BJ from Sister Mary El'lephant.

Went on for nearly a month.

For the warranty hucksters I always go along with them and ask for a warranty on my '72 F-350.

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba
I keep getting the warranty people telling me it’s my last call. Then they call me the next day and do it again. I send the solar, window and other contractors to the police station for my estimate. My cell is in my wife's name and when they ask for her I say she is outside and to wait for me to get her.

First clue: Trying to conduct business via facesuck.
Second Clue: Trying to conduct business via texting.

Good call, Blaine!