They say you can't put a baby bird back in its nest

89grand

TJ Addict
B.S. I did it yesterday for a baby Finch, and the parents are still taking care of it. They freaked for 20 minutes or so, and then went back to normal. Apparently it fell out of the nest, that I already knew was there, and luckily found it on the ground before my dogs did. There were two in the nest, and one stayed in there.

I got a ladder, and put it back in the nest. I was wearing some cheap Harbor Freight Nitrile gloves, and maybe that helped, but anyway, all is well again in the Finch nest. again.

Yeah, that’s an old wives tail. We picked one up a few years ago. Good ending...I love birds...

Reactions: MountaineerTom
This whole thing always seemed like a myth to me to be honest.

In other news, my cat brought home a dead baby bird (didn't even have many feathers yet) the other day. It was sitting in our living room when I woke up the other day.

Damn cat, always bringing dead animals inside the house.

This whole thing always seemed like a myth to me to be honest.

In other news, my cat brought home a dead baby bird (didn't even have many feathers yet) the other day. It was sitting in our living room when I woke up the other day.

Damn cat, always bringing dead animals inside the house.
Neighbor's cat left the remains of something dead & nasty in my CJ years ago...stupid cat. I had to resort to leaving tin foil on the seats to discourage after hours in-cab dining by the neighborhood felines.

Neighbor's cat left the remains of something dead & nasty in my CJ years ago...stupid cat. I had to resort to leaving tin foil on the seats to discourage after hours in-cab dining by the neighborhood felines.
Seems like that would only encourage wrapping up the leftovers for late night snacking...;)

Reactions: JEEPCJTJ and glwood
Seems like that would only encourage wrapping up the leftovers for late night snacking...;)
Didn't think of that! What was I thinking?? :unsure:

Seems all the late night snacking occurred in the Jeep...didn't find any more presents after that, and none of the foil was missing...

Cats are crafty. They'll get you back, one way or another...😼
My two mini dogs had the neighbor's cat cornered on the inside stair landing the other day. When my wife discovered the standoff, the cat bolted and got back outside somehow. So much for my neighbor thinking her cat would tear up my dogs in a fracas...

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch
Our cat is typically a loveable mooch. If you've got food or fingers to scratch him with, he's your buddy! Super gentle. But about two weeks ago, my wife and daughter were taking the granddaughter (14 months) for a walk around the block. They had the two wiener dogs with them, and the cat trailing along behind the dogs. As they approached the corner, an older gentleman was walking his rather large dog, and got within about thirty feet of my family. My wife told me that suddenly Wellington (our cat) goes flying past them, and starts wailing on the fella's dog. She said he was all over that poor thing, and the old fella was trying to pick his dog up off the ground to get him away from the cat! When he finally was able to do so, he looked at my wife and proclaimed "Lady, that's some bad-ass cat you got there!"
Hell, I still laugh about that, even as I write it out...:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: TJ Starting