Things to do while axles are out?

Trim the lower, rear spring perch for more shock clearance. Eliminates the need for a shock mount relocation bracket.

1. Move the rear upper spring perch
  2. Rear axle shock mounts so the shock body clears the axle and perch
  3. Remove small bits of hangy downy things. You’ll see them.
  4. Trim the front lower shock mount so the lower control arm has plenty of space at full droop
  5. Tie rod flip
  6. Reverse parking brake

I thought most people trimmed the spring perch rather than actually moving the shock mount unless you outboard?

I thought most people trimmed the spring perch rather than actually moving the shock mount unless you outboard?

I had to trim and use extensions on my rig. Trimming alone wasn’t enough with a can down shock and 4.25” lift with pinion at ~23*.

On my sons we trimmed and again, it wasn’t quite enough. We’re cutting his stock brackets off and welding on different in a better position.

I will probably eventually outboard, so I’m living with beefed up extensions for now

Reactions: The4bangertj
I had to trim and use extensions on my rig. Trimming alone wasn’t enough with a can down shock and 4.25” lift with pinion at ~23*.

On my sons we trimmed and again, it wasn’t quite enough. We’re cutting his stock brackets off and welding on different in a better position.

Interesting. On my current 35 I have it just trimmed and it clears. Forgot about doing that again tho.

19FF082D-1156-4AF8-9818-E861AFA28D89.png

Here is my running list. I already have an sye with a 2in deep ucf skid and my drive shaft looks to have about 2-2.5in before full compression so I’ll assume for now that’s good for the 44 as well Untill I cycle it and make sure it doesn’t need to be shortened. I have metal cloak coils that are peeling so might take the time to just go to currie coils or I might just pull them and re powder coat them at my school since I donate plasma to have jeep spending money so it’s pretty limited. Also have already done the rear upper coil buckets (metalcloak as well but I do like them). Thanks for all the reply’s and if I’m missing anything else let me know.

Reactions: FarFire70
What’s the general consensus for doing the tie rod flip Insert on the knuckle? Just buy an insert? What’s the best to get one? Or send it to Blaine?

What’s the general consensus for doing the tie rod flip Insert on the knuckle? Just buy an insert? What’s the best to get one? Or send it to Blaine?

I just bought the insert until I upgraded my brakes, at which point I requested Blaine to send me the reverse taper knuckle. There's no real discernable difference between the two I could find.

Reactions: The4bangertj