Things you don't often hear in November / December in other parts of the US

Winter #64, all in the Northeast, and I finally have admitted I'm getting pretty tired of it. It's 11 as I type this, wind chill is -3, driveway is iced over, roads salted. And it's not even Christmas yet.

Thing is, we talk about moving but there's just no place to go that doesn't involve leaving the country. Any place below Maryland is brutally hot, which is way worse than cold; California is just too expensive; the Pacific Northwest is nice but also too expensive; the Southwest is beautiful but for some reason hardly anyone lives there; the Midwest - and no offense to any Midwesterners - is just too far inland and has worse weather than we do. So I guess that leaves, what? Lake Tahoe? Denver? I have a friend that used to live in Boise and he said he liked it, but he doesn't live there anymore ("too far from the coast Tom"). We'd like to live someplace warmer, but still have some form of Winter, and still have snow, but we don't want to have to deal with droughts, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, invasive bugs, oppressive humidity, dust storms, cartel violence, desolation, desperation, isolation, lack of education - come to think of it the Northeast winters aren't that bad after all.

I envy you folks who are having nice weather right now, but only on mornings like this.

Reactions: Byhumba
The sunrises are amazing. And if you wait 3 1/2 hours so are the sunsets.

32FAA528-0481-4B98-B172-753423394F85.png

Reactions: Jpodell