Thinking about selling my LJ, thoughts on pricing?

FireJeep

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Thinking about selling my 2005 LJ Rubicon, 155,000 miles, 6 speed, 4.88 gears in stock Dana 44 axles, Mastercraft front seats, stock rear seat (not sure how good of shape it is in), Gr8Tops Safari Top, Firecracker red, custom heavy duty rear bumper with swing out tire carrier, Warn XD9000 winch up front, Black Magic brakes up front, Metalcloak gas tank skid, Metalcloak aluminum control arms, Old Man Emu 2" springs, 1.25" body lift, JKS quicker disconnects, Bilstein shocks. The rear control arm area of the frame has been safe-t-capped. Runs good, took it from Virginia to Utah and back this summer. Thoughts on pricing please........

LJ side shot home.png

front three quarter LJ.jpg

People are real particular about rust on the body and frame.. all the other stuff is good but doesn’t really help the price..mileage and rust are the top issues with the jeep.. the top may hinder your market because some don’t like the top…east vs.west is also a issue as far as $ amounts.. out west they go for alittle more then east coast.. I’m sure people are gunna debate about it like they do about Trump and Biden… but I’d say 25k is your market.. ask for more and see what happens

More pictures would help. Especially on the bottom side!

People are real particular about rust on the body and frame.. all the other stuff is good but doesn’t really help the price..mileage and rust are the top issues with the jeep.. the top may hinder your market because some don’t like the top…east vs.west is also a issue as far as $ amounts.. out west they go for alittle more then east coast.. I’m sure people are gunna debate about it like they do about Trump and Biden Hemi and LS… but I’d say 25k is your market.. ask for more and see what happens
FIFY

Thinking about selling my 2005 LJ Rubicon, 155,000 miles, 6 speed, 4.88 gears in stock Dana 44 axles, Mastercraft front seats, stock rear seat (not sure how good of shape it is in), Gr8Tops Safari Top, Firecracker red, custom heavy duty rear bumper with swing out tire carrier, Warn XD9000 winch up front, Black Magic brakes up front, Metalcloak gas tank skid, Metalcloak aluminum control arms, Old Man Emu 2" springs, 1.25" body lift, JKS quicker disconnects, Bilstein shocks. The rear control arm area of the frame has been safe-t-capped. Runs good, took it from Virginia to Utah and back this summer. Thoughts on pricing please........

View attachment 364284

View attachment 364288

Do you have inside pics of how the roof rack attaches to the roll bar and through the roof?

I love that top !!! I wanted one since the first time I saw them. In the spring I'm gonna get a hardtop, haven't decided which one yet. I have an ARB fridge that I use all the time, and the zip in window on the soft top SUCKS,,

I feel like the prices on lj's have been stabilizing a little lately. Listing seem to be longer and seeing some price drops locally here in VA lately. I think spending is tightening up in general and rec or secondary vehicles are always hit as a result. Just my take on the current lj market.

I think the top is a selling point that may offset the frame repair a bit. That depends on what the underside and tub look like though.

Last edited:
FWIW, as a reference, I've seen one posted for sale at $25K (OBO) in N.Va since mid-July. It's a 6 speed with 136K on it.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
List it for what you NEED to get for it. If it doesn't sell, keep it. I see similar ones in Va listed for $20,000+ and take forever to sell. If they ever do.

p.s. This one was listed for $22,500 two months ago in my town. It's still available.

Electric lime green. 1 of 48 built with this trim and color 2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ unlimited rubicon 4.0l in-line 6cyl Manual 6spd GenRight front bumper MetalCloak 4.5” lock n load long arm suspension Trucklite LED headlights Maxbilt trail tail taillights OX air shift lockers 4.56 Yukon gears 35 spline Yukon chromo rear axle shafts 32 spline Yukon chromo front axle shafts Corbeau seats upfront and a Corbeau cover in the rear MetalCloak sliders Poison Spyder rear trail armor Mammoth wheels 35” tires Kenwood head unit Polk audio speakers Lizard skin spray in liner - heat control layer and sound deadener layer Rear door storage Recent transmission oil change, alignment, oil pan and gasket, and oil change. All the aftermarket parts are basically brand new. Less than 5k on them. I attached pictures of the frame. It’s clean and rust free.

1664864295897.png

Last edited:
List it for what you NEED to get for it. If it doesn't sell, keep it. I see similar ones in Va listed for $20,000+ and take forever to sell. If they ever do.

p.s. This one was listed for $22,500 two months ago in my town. It's still available.

Electric lime green. 1 of 48 built with this trim and color 2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ unlimited rubicon 4.0l in-line 6cyl Manual 6spd GenRight front bumper MetalCloak 4.5” lock n load long arm suspension Trucklite LED headlights Maxbilt trail tail taillights OX air shift lockers 4.56 Yukon gears 35 spline Yukon chromo rear axle shafts 32 spline Yukon chromo front axle shafts Corbeau seats upfront and a Corbeau cover in the rear MetalCloak sliders Poison Spyder rear trail armor Mammoth wheels 35” tires Kenwood head unit Polk audio speakers Lizard skin spray in liner - heat control layer and sound deadener layer Rear door storage Recent transmission oil change, alignment, oil pan and gasket, and oil change. All the aftermarket parts are basically brand new. Less than 5k on them. I attached pictures of the frame. It’s clean and rust free.

View attachment 364395

There is a Jeep Specialty place near my Texas home. Last month they had two LJ's for sale. One was a std, one a Rubi. Each was $40K. They are GONE... Looking at this Green LJ, Im almost tempted to go east and look for LJ's and see if I can rescue them from shitty steel armor and hideous fastback tops.

Last edited:
There is a Jeep Specialty place near my Texas home. Last month they had two LJ's for sale. One was a std, one a Rubi. Each was $40K. They are GONE... Looking at this Green LJ, Im almost tempted to go east and look for LJ's and see if I can rescue them from shitty steel armor and hideous fastback tops.

Va seems to have a lot lj's for some reason. I see them all the time. There are 2 in my small neighborhood, one being mine. If it wasn't driven all year then rust usually isn't an issue unless coastal. We salt roads here but snowfall south of Fredericksburg isn't consistent or frequent. An offroad shop here just had an appreciation color and there about 10 lj's there.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I feel like the prices on lj's have been stabilizing a little lately. Listing seem to be longer and seeing some price drops locally here in VA lately. I think spending is tightening up in general and rec or secondary vehicles are always hit as a result. Just my take on the current lj market.

I think the top is a selling point that may offset the frame repair a bit. That depends on what the underside and tub look like though.

Same here in NC. Many LJ’s in marketplace that have been there for awhile. Some have dropped the price a bit but most are holding steady.

People are real particular about rust on the body and frame.. all the other stuff is good but doesn’t really help the price..mileage and rust are the top issues with the jeep.. the top may hinder your market because some don’t like the top…east vs.west is also a issue as far as $ amounts.. out west they go for alittle more then east coast.. I’m sure people are gunna debate about it like they do about Trump and Biden… but I’d say 25k is your market.. ask for more and see what happens

If it has frame repair to that extent, that knocks 5 grand right off the top and only then in hopes that a good frame can be found and swapped in.

Va seems to have a lot lj's for some reason. I see them all the time. There are 2 in my small neighborhood, one being mine. If it wasn't driven all year then rust usually isn't an issue unless coastal. We salt roads here but snowfall south of Fredericksburg isn't consistent or frequent. An offroad shop here just had an appreciation color and there about 10 lj's there.

We need to buy them all up and sell them to @Old Pueblo for double the price. He knows a guy in Texas. :cool: