Thinking about selling my LJ, thoughts on pricing?

Beats me, would depend on where you started?

another lob.. hint: 3 lefts ending in the same place is a triangle..

B4mk1KkIAAQDTh7.jpg

Sounds like they specialize in finding people with little common sense. :unsure:

They made a million TJ’s, Fewer than 50k LJ’s.
I don’t see LJ”s getting cheaper. People are gonna say these were the good old days
We need to buy them all up and sell them to @Old Pueblo for double the price. He knows a guy in Texas. :cool:

the heart wants what the heart wants. ❤️😍

Any inside pics of how that roof rack attaches?

I built the attachments using 3/16" plate. The rear is attached to a piece of roll bar tubing intended for a JK, I shortened it, narrowed it and mounted it using the existing rock hard style clamping setup (used six allen head bolts). The front is attached to the stock front "cage" bars that go over the doors. I have stood on the rack without issue (200#).

IMG_0670.jpeg

IMG_0668.jpeg

IMG_0665.jpeg

IMG_0662.jpeg

IMG_0661.jpeg

I built the attachments using 3/16" plate. The rear is attached to a piece of roll bar tubing intended for a JK, I shortened it, narrowed it and mounted it using the existing rock hard style clamping setup (used six allen head bolts). The front is attached to the stock front "cage" bars that go over the doors. I have stood on the rack without issue (200#).

View attachment 364779

View attachment 364780

View attachment 364781

View attachment 364782

View attachment 364783

Great job. Looks good.

There is a Jeep Specialty place near my Texas home. Last month they had two LJ's for sale. One was a std, one a Rubi. Each was $40K. They are GONE... Looking at this Green LJ, Im almost tempted to go east and look for LJ's and see if I can rescue them from shitty steel armor and hideous fastback tops.

$40k each?! My impression was that there are a lot of sellers perceiving, but not achieving, massive values for LJs.

I picked mine up for $7k, and am very happy :D

Reactions: Old Pueblo
$40k each?! My impression was that there are a lot of sellers perceiving, but not achieving, massive values for LJs.

I picked mine up for $7k, and am very happy :D

They were both super nice and around 10k miles. Still, stupid expensive and sold, who knows what they actually sold for though. They have an LJ now that is over $30k listed…. I bought my LJ in 2015 for $16k with 11,700 miles. Probably paid too much, but low mileage hooked me

Reactions: skrelnik
Thinking about selling my 2005 LJ Rubicon, 155,000 miles, 6 speed, 4.88 gears in stock Dana 44 axles, Mastercraft front seats, stock rear seat (not sure how good of shape it is in), Gr8Tops Safari Top, Firecracker red, custom heavy duty rear bumper with swing out tire carrier, Warn XD9000 winch up front, Black Magic brakes up front, Metalcloak gas tank skid, Metalcloak aluminum control arms, Old Man Emu 2" springs, 1.25" body lift, JKS quicker disconnects, Bilstein shocks. The rear control arm area of the frame has been safe-t-capped. Runs good, took it from Virginia to Utah and back this summer. Thoughts on pricing please........

View attachment 364284

View attachment 364288

Did you ever land on a price?

Did you ever land on a price?

Well, if I understand the crew here they are suggesting somewhere between $19,000 and $25,000…..I would really like to get that but I don’t think it would be fair. So thinking about somewhere closer to $15,000. What do you think?

Reactions: 97TJNM
Well, if I understand the crew here they are suggesting somewhere between $19,000 and $25,000…..I would really like to get that but I don’t think it would be fair. So thinking about somewhere closer to $15,000. What do you think?

You'll get 15k pretty easily I'd bet. I'm all for not screwing the next guy, but fair doesn't enter into it where market prices are concerned. If it was me, and if I'd be happy with 15k I'd list it for 19,500 and let someone talk me down to 17,500 or so. You'd be happy, they'd be happy, everyone walks away a winner.

But honestly, I have a lot less desirable jeep and I don't know as I'd sell it for 17k. Be REALLY SURE you want it gone before you list it.

Hell, if I had an extra 15k, I'd come buy the damn thing. My wife would string me up from the rafters, but I'd do it!🤣