Thinking of getting a XJ or ZJ for the winter season

Go west, young man. $1,750 with 138,000 miles on it. This stuff shows up frequently in the area, though usually more miles than this. Washington state, btw...
1602789437939.png

Go west, young man. $1,750 with 138,000 miles on it. This stuff shows up frequently in the area, though usually more miles than this. Washington state, btw...
View attachment 196344
Damn! I'll have to start looking out there. Though I'm not too sure about the 2 day drive back with a possibly reliable vehicle. But then again at how low of a price that XJ is I could look into just shipping it back home. Tempting🤔 Lol

Reactions: Squatch
Damn! I'll have to start looking out there. Though I'm not too sure about the 2 day drive back with a possibly reliable vehicle. But then again at how low of a price that XJ is I could look into just shipping it back home. Tempting🤔 Lol
If you ever decide to seriously consider buying from around this area, I'd be willing to check out some of the rigs (being reasonably local, I mean). I'd just need to know that you're serious about the general idea of buying from out of state, and that you also realize that I am not a mechanic, just a hobbyist. Okay, more of an automotive slut, really, but that can be helpful, actually. ;)

If you ever decide to seriously consider buying from around this area, I'd be willing to check out some of the rigs (being reasonably local, I mean). I'd just need to know that you're serious about the general idea of buying from out of state, and that you also realize that I am not a mechanic, just a hobbyist. Okay, more of an automotive slut, really, but that can be helpful, actually. ;)
I think we all have to be automotive sluts if were all on a TJ forum! Hahaha
I'll for sure hit you up if the search branches out that way! Thanks!

I just bought a WJ for the same reason, to keep the TJ off the salty roads. I would have loved an XJ—I finally gave my old one away after 255,000 original miles due to rust—but the prices are insane! It wasn't that long ago you could pick up a decent XJ for a few thousand. Now good examples are approaching TJ prices.

Love my WJ. It has 148,000 miles with the 4.0. Got it for $1600 with no rust and a binder full of service records, and it just needed new CV axles.

IMG_1104.jpeg

I just bought a WJ for the same reason, to keep the TJ off the salty roads. I would have loved an XJ—I finally gave my old one away after 255,000 original miles due to rust—but the prices are insane! It wasn't that long ago you could pick up a decent XJ for a few thousand. Now good examples are approaching TJ prices.

Love my WJ. It has 148,000 miles with the 4.0. Got it for $1600 with no rust and a binder full of service records, and it just needed new CV axles.

View attachment 197155

Good deal! Yeah I was doing a little searching over the weekend and some of the XJ prices are just ridiculous. I was thinking about adding the WJ to the search since I see them for sale all the time in my area, but again the rust has hit a lot of them hard😕

I did find a decent clean 1996 ZJ with a 5.2L and lower miles a hour and a half away. If the seller ever messages me back and sends me some fame pictures I may be checking it out this weekend

Screenshot_20201019-085806_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: bromel and Squatch
Good deal! Yeah I was doing a little searching over the weekend and some of the XJ prices are just ridiculous. I was thinking about adding the WJ to the search since I see them for sale all the time in my area, but again the rust has hit a lot of them hard😕

I did find a decent clean 1996 ZJ with a 5.2L and lower miles a hour and a half away. If the seller ever messages me back and sends me some fame pictures I may be checking it out this weekend
Looks clean. What’s the price?

They're asking $4500, think I could probably nitpick them down a little lol
There are currently 25 listings on the Seattle Craigslist for Jeep Grand Cherokees (For Sale By Owner) for under $4,000, with a few around the $2,000 price range, or less. You can almost guarantee that rust will not be an issue on these vehicles. Higher mileage and the ills associated with them, yes. But not rust. ;)

Reactions: THEREALJIM
There are currently 25 listings on the Seattle Craigslist for Jeep Grand Cherokees (For Sale By Owner) for under $4,000, with a few around the $2,000 price range, or less. You can almost guarantee that rust will not be an issue on these vehicles. Higher mileage and the ills associated with them, yes. But not rust. ;)
Hmm I do have five vacations days left, I could make a cool week long trip out of it.... Damn the temptations!😣

• Haha
I love the idea of a nicely set up Xj with slider rear windows and a nice exo cage/rack. Swap in a good motor or a stroker and you have a decent daily / overlander vehicle that is still timeless.

I love the idea of a nicely set up Xj with slider rear windows and a nice exo cage/rack. Swap in a good motor or a stroker and you have a decent daily / overlander vehicle that is still timeless.
While that does sound like a nice setup, have you thought about a custom ZJ? I just found these two beauties looking for a new home😅

Screenshot_20201021-200458_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20201021-200820_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20201021-200830_Facebook.jpg

• Wow
For this area it looked great, but it wasn't meant to be! 😕 I did see a nice ZJ with low miles for the bargain price of $14888! May let it sit on the market for a few more weeks and offer them like $4k lol

View attachment 197712

That is quite expensive for a 25 year old Jeep... That is actually just in the next town over from me so if you ever want someone to check it out, I got it :ROFLMAO:

• Haha