Thinking of going with a 2" OME lift

01saharatj

So currently 2001 Jeep Wrangler sahara stock hieght. Not happy with the over all ride. Have been told arb or old man emu lifts adds nice ride to jeep. Looking at buying. Looking for info on it if worth the money. Its about $1k also weighing just adding old man emu shocks any info appreciated. Also interested in ideas for tires to put on thinking pirreli scorpions 265/75/16 info on these tires is appreciated also

I wouldn't bother. You can achieve the same result with much better shocks by going with @CodaMan's setup:

1) Rancho RS5000X Shocks 0-2" (2 Front) — RS55128
2) Rancho RS5000X Shocks 0-2" (2 Rear) — RS55240
3) Pro Comp 2" Springs (Front) — EXP55297
4) Pro Comp 2" Springs (Rear) — EXP55298
5) OME Rear Track Bar Reloaction Bracket — ARB FKWTJ02
6) Daystar.75" Spacers — KJ09108BK (note: only used above front springs for leveling)

That will give you better shocks than the OME Nitrocharger Sport shocks, and the springs are just as good as well. In addition, it will come out to be a lot cheaper as well.

Skip the OME lift kit and go this route instead (y)

Reactions: Hopper
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I wouldn't bother. You can achieve the same result with much better shocks by going with @CodaMan's setup:

1) Rancho RS5000X Shocks 0-2" (2 Front) — RS55128
2) Rancho RS5000X Shocks 0-2" (2 Rear) — RS55240
3) Pro Comp 2" Springs (Front) — EXP55297
4) Pro Comp 2" Springs (Rear) — EXP55298
5) OME Rear Track Bar Reloaction Bracket — ARB FKWTJ02
6) Daystar.75" Spacers — KJ09108BK (note: only used above front springs for leveling)

That will give you better shocks than the OME Nitrocharger Sport shocks, and the springs are just as good as well. In addition, it will come out to be a lot cheaper as well.

Skip the OME lift kit and go this route instead (y)
I do have rancho shocks on there currently cant remember the model number though. I did buy them at pep boys so probably a lower end model. Im not impressed with these ranchos. Was told Bilstein has great shocks also

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I do have rancho shocks on there currently cant remember the model number though. I did buy them at pep boys so probably a lower end model. Im not impressed with these ranchos. Was told Bilstein has great shocks also

The Bilstein 5100 is a terrible shock. Whoever told you that probably didn't know what they were talking about.

You likely have the Rancho RS5000, not the RS5000X. The RS5000X is arguably the best riding off-the-shelf shock you can get for your TJ, and I wouldn't lie to you.

I've tried the Bilstein 5100s, Fox IFPs, OME Nitrocharger Sports, and a few others, and the Rancho RS5000X is the best-of-the-bunch.

Do some searching on this forum and you'll see that there's a reason the Rancho RS5000X shock is so highly recommended.

The Bilstein 5100 is a terrible shock. Whoever told you that probably didn't know what they were talking about.

You likely have the Rancho RS5000, not the RS5000X. The RS5000X is arguably the best riding off-the-shelf shock you can get for your TJ, and I wouldn't lie to you.

I've tried the Bilstein 5100s, Fox IFPs, OME Nitrocharger Sports, and a few others, and the Rancho RS5000X is the best-of-the-bunch.

Do some searching on this forum and you'll see that there's a reason the Rancho RS5000X shock is so highly recommended.
Hmm ok thats why i came on here to get info like this ...thanks

Hmm ok thats why i came on here to get info like this ...thanks

No problem at all. Trust me, I wouldn't steer you wrong (y)

The OME kit isn't bad, but the newer Nitrocharger Sport shocks that come with it are terrible compared to the old shocks they used to come with. The new ones are stiff as hell. I used to really like the OME kit, but you can piece a better kit together like I linked to above that will actually ride much better and cost a lot less.

Reactions: Sancho
No problem at all. Trust me, I wouldn't steer you wrong (y)

The OME kit isn't bad, but the newer Nitrocharger Sport shocks that come with it are terrible compared to the old shocks they used to come with. The new ones are stiff as hell. I used to really like the OME kit, but you can piece a better kit together like I linked to above that will actually ride much better and cost a lot less.
I see your in florence Az i was there for three days visiting a relative that was being held in one of many prisons there! Not a whole lot there to do except to off road in the desert 🌵 i see lol

Reactions: John Cooper
I see your in florence Az i was there for three days visiting a relative that was being held in one of many prisons there! Not a whole lot there to do except to off road in the desert 🌵 i see lol

Yes, all the prisons are here for sure. We live in a super nice private community though called Anthem which isn’t downtown Florence, it even has its own private water park.

There is tons and tons of good off-roading and hiking around here though, that’s for sure.

Can you recommend a good set of tires (some what agresive tread) for occasional off road and mostly normal driving

If you purchased your shocks at Pep Boys they will be the crappy RS5000 model, you need the RS5000X, but if you have a kidney belt to wear the Bilstein shocks will be perfect :cool:

Reactions: Chris
Good to know. I've heard something similar but didn't know it was that bad.

Good to know. I've heard something similar but didn't know it was that bad.

They are indeed. The older OME shocks rode just like the Rancho RS5000X shocks, the new ones ride very stiff.

I think this is because the old ones used hydraulic fluid and the new ones are had charged. Correct me if I am wrong @Jerry Bransford.

Reactions: ejay
They are indeed. The older OME shocks rode just like the Rancho RS5000X shocks, the new ones ride very stiff.

I think this is because the old ones used hydraulic fluid and the new ones are had charged. Correct me if I am wrong @Jerry Bransford.
I don't know what the differences are between the older OME Nitrocharger I loved on my TJ and their current Nitrocharger Sport but the Sport definitely has a stiffer ride. Both are gas charged.

Reactions: Chris
Hey Coda I have about the same parts comming next week. I will be adding 3/4" spacers on the Procomp 2" coils. I have a set of Rancho rs5000x 2-3" will these shocks be ok for the set up?
Those were too long on mine. When I mounted them I only had around 2 inches of tube shaft UP travel. I called Rancho since they have a 90 day no questions asked return policy and returned them for the 0-2" ones and now they fit perfect. My UP/DOWN travel are almost 50/50 now.

Has anyone used the pro comp 2 inch springs with the bilstein 3 inch 5100 shocks? Any report on issues with shocks being too long and needing to step down to 0-2 inch?

Has anyone used the pro comp 2 inch springs with the bilstein 3 inch 5100 shocks? Any report on issues with shocks being too long and needing to step down to 0-2 inch?
Be aware that many, me included, feel the Bilstein 5100 is too stiff & jittery feeling, you feel everything through it. Mrblaine describes it as only go with that shock if you want to know if the quarter you just rolled over was heads or tails.

Be aware that many, me included, feel the Bilstein 5100 is too stiff & jittery feeling, you feel everything through it. Mrblaine describes it as only go with that shock if you want to know if the quarter you just rolled over was heads or tails.
Yeah, I've read through the posts. I was able to score open box Bilstein's for $24 a piece so I thought I would give it a shot.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford