Thinking of parting with my TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmonty21

Due to limited garage space I may be selling my Red 2003 Wrangler X, 4.0L IL 6 CYL. w/5-speed manual transmission. It is in great shape an has 19,999 miles on it (will go to 20K tomorrow if the sun is out) and has always been garaged and only in the rain a few times. I don't think it has any rust at all which seems to be a big issue with older TJ's. It runs great and has new 4.56 gears for the larger tires and suspension lift. I just added a new Black Twill Trektop NX (it's shown with the hardtop which has been sold already). I also have a set of half doors for the summer time. I live in Kansas City and am curious what I should ask for my TJ? Any advice would be appreciated. BTW, I'm keeping my 2014 JK so I'll still be in the family, sort of.

IMG_0422.jpg

Last edited:
Advice?? Sell the JK instead :D 20K on a 03 is crazy low miles. I would guess somewhere in the 15k range, for the right buyer. If it has a rust free under belly, buyers are willing to drive/fly/travel to make a purchase. I would offer it nation wide to increase your audience. Good luck!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Holy cow... 20k miles?

Keep that thing... seriously. Clean, low mileage TJs are hard to come by, and they're going up in value considerably.

Does it have any rust on it at all? If not, asking 20k wouldn't be a bad starting point. A clean low mileage TJ Rubicon in my parts goes for 20-25k all day long. The Rubicons always command more money of course, usually by about 3-5k or so if it's really clean.

Advice?? Sell the JK instead :D 20K on a 03 is crazy low miles. I would guess somewhere in the 15k range, for the right buyer. If it has a rust free under belly, buyers are willing to drive/fly/travel to make a purchase. I would offer it nation wide to increase your audience. Good luck!
You are right. I would regret selling her at some point. I'm looking into a storage facility close by to essentially solve my garage issue. Thanks for the message.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Holy cow... 20k miles?

Keep that thing... seriously. Clean, low mileage TJs are hard to come by, and they're going up in value considerably.

Does it have any rust on it at all? If not, asking 20k wouldn't be a bad starting point. A clean low mileage TJ Rubicon in my parts goes for 20-25k all day long. The Rubicons always command more money of course, usually by about 3-5k or so if it's really clean.

Zero rust. I'm going to find a way to keep it. I love the thing but need garage space so my daughter can park inside. Looking into a storage facility.

Zero rust. I'm going to find a way to keep it. I love the thing but need garage space so my daughter can park inside. Looking into a storage facility.

I don't blame you. What you've got there is a once in a lifetime buy.

Definitely keep it inside for sure. That thing deserves it!

I was gonna say...keep it and find a local storage facility....space problem solved, and you get keep your appreciating Jeep

*EDIT...put some straw around it and a chicken and call it a barn find they always sell for more hehe

View attachment 36936 I have an 05 Rubicon and I just hit 22k miles this wknd. It would be really hard to let mine go. Good call on finding storage for it. Red is a good color on these jeeps. I also added the black twill soft top to mine. Night and day difference!
Are the windows on the twill top a heavier mil also?

@jmonty21, still hanging on to that X? I found a similar deal back in September of 2016, with 18,300 miles on the odo. This is how she sits today, and now has 23k+ miles. Once in a while I get the urge to look for a newer Jeep, but I can never talk myself into selling this...

img_0871-jpg.jpg

Reactions: Fouledplugs and JMT
I would do almost anything to have a jeep with such low mileage and rust free. Im currently fighting the rust battle. If only i could have started with a clean frame.

Sorry for such a delay in replying to the comments. I work in baseball and once the season starts I don't have much time for looking at the forums. I still have my TJ and am enjoying the summer. I will likely be needing to sell in the fall before heading to Florida in January for the winter. If anyone wants more information or knows of anyone near Kansas City that would want to consider a purchase I'm open. It has 20035 miles on it now so I obviously have not had much time to enjoy driving it.

Such a shame you having to let it go......so I'm guessing you don't want to go down to the 'Cover it in straw and put a chicken on the front seat barn find' way then hehe

Reactions: Chris
Sorry for such a delay in replying to the comments. I work in baseball and once the season starts I don't have much time for looking at the forums. I still have my TJ and am enjoying the summer. I will likely be needing to sell in the fall before heading to Florida in January for the winter. If anyone wants more information or knows of anyone near Kansas City that would want to consider a purchase I'm open. It has 20035 miles on it now so I obviously have not had much time to enjoy driving it.
JMonty21, I am interested. Could you please send me a private message and let me know what you are asking for it? Thank you.

Reactions: Fouledplugs and JMT
Status
Not open for further replies.